Why?

Whitey's pov:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh no! They have me cornered! What do I do, what do I say?" I thought as I sunk down in the nooks and crannies of the porch.

I just stood there.

Anxious.

Breathless.

Speechless.

I was in the worst position that I had ever been in in my entire life, and that's a really depressing thing, considering the other things that have happened to me, sort of like jams that I've been into.

Problems I've faced, difficulties I've ran into.

I felt like I was in a void, sort of an empty niche in the universe.

Dark.

Alone.

After a while of pondering, I slowly felt like I was moving towards reality.

"WHY DID YOU RUN AWAY FROM BOYS TOWN!?" Micah was screaming to me.

"YOU REALLY WANNA KNOW? HUH!? HUH!?" I squealed so loud it seemed like the entire country could hear me!

(*BIG PLOT REVEAL COMING!!!*)

"I'll explain..."

"When I was born, my dad abandoned my mother, my brother, and I. He tried to come back into our life when I was 3, but he was very abusive, and then he got kicked out and he never came back after that.

Then when I was 6, we moved to Omaha, Nebraska. I met the neighbor's son, and we instantly became best friends.

Then when we were maybe, I don't know, eight years old, the boy fell in love with me, like in a gay sort of way, and, I've had crushes on girls since kindergarten, but I had a crush on this boy too.

I later realized that I'm bisexual, and the boy and I still hung out, but we never actually dated, since we were too young.

A few years after that, when we were 10, the boy's dad passed away from an illness.

When we were 11, that was when his mom passed away from a heart attack, and he got sent to the Home For Boys downtown. I snuck out almost every night to visit my sweetheart, but then my mom found out, and she stopped me from going.

When I was 14, my mom passed on, and my brother started to take care of me. As a way of coping with his grief, he took to criminal ways and joined a whole bunch of street gangs, and started to be seen as a felon in the eyes of the law.

Around my 15th birthday, he ended up in jail, and I was taken to Boys Town. That's when I met Freddie, Micah, Mo and Tony. I never forgot about the neighbor's son, but it seemed like he forgot about me! And when I came to Boys Town, he was DATING SOMEONE ELSE.

You know who the neighbor's son was?

FREDDIE FULLER.

AND I NEVER FORGOT ABOUT HIM! I STILL LOVE HIM VERY VERY MUCH, AND HE HAD THE AUDACITY TO DATE MICAH AND TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT ME!

ME!" I explained the whole story.

"Wait, I recognize you, but I don't recall the neighbor's kid being named Whitey. Is Whitey a nickname?" Freddie inquired.

"MY REAL NAME ISN'T WHITEY. MY REAL NAME IS ISAIAH. ISAIAH MARSH. WHITEY WAS A NICKNAME GIVEN TO ME BY MY BROTHER."

Freddie's pov:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Isaiah was his name!" I said with a look of recognition on my face.

"I'm sorry, I've had a rough life too, and technically we never officially dated, since we were too young. I had forgotten about you since it had been so long!" I explained.

"Also look at you! Look at what you've become Isaiah! You've become a troubled soul and a cunning thief! I wouldn't date a criminal even if I got paid to do so." I stood my ground.

"Whitey, I'm sorry, but I'm in a relationship. We can still be friends, if that's alright with you!" I said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah, (*sniffles*) that would be alright." Whitey said hesitantly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitey's pov:

"Let's go back to Boys Town." Mo said.

"Would you prefer to be called Isaiah or Whitey?" Micah asked.

"I would actually prefer to be called Whitey, because that actually suits me and my personality a little bit better." I responded.

Okay...