Chapter 23

(There is a 2 week time jump so yh)

---------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Scott woke up early. He made his way out of his bed and to his door before hearing his brother mutter something under his breath, it was unauidable but Scott made his way out of the room, walking down the stairs and finding a his crystal moved on the kitchen counter. 

He sped up his pace and he went to grab it. He had just reached the crystal when there was a creak from the stairs. Scott whipped his head around only to see his brother standing at the bottom of the stairs. "Just you." He said. Xornoth just nodded. He walked over to the sink and filled a glass with some water.

Scott then looked down at Xornoth's neck. Around it sat a silver chain with his glowing red crystal. Scott's hand started to feel colder as he looked at the flaming red gem around his brother's neck.  Xornoth opened his mouth, ready to speak, but it shut within a second as he felt the heat creep around his chest. A burning sensation scratching at it. 

A whispers could be heard, 'Give up already' 'No' ' Its not going to end up well for you' 'Just because it's happened before does NOT MEAN YOU WILL WIN AGAIN' 'Twice before, I can do it again' 'Good luck, brother' And with that the convocation stopped but the temperatures of the two crystals didn't one getting colder while the other was getting hotter. Scott rushes out the room and goes to get ready. Their parents had gone on a 2 week trip, they had left Scott to look after Rivendale. 

Scott finishes changing and sits on his bed, brushing his hair and sorting out his cape. Xornoth then walked in. Looked at Scott and went to change himself. Scott was scared as he new he had to tell them that he was gay. He didn't know how they would react. And that is why he hadn't told them.

Xornoth reappeared and rushed back downstairs. Scott was confused on what his brother was doing but shrugged it off. Thinking nothing of it... 

Big mistake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't been uploading, I've just been kind busy and no motivation. In gonna right a lot tonight and hopefully get one more chapter out tonight. But we will see. Bye

word count- 393