Missing moments (Akshnav)-1

It was a relatively warm evening when Akshara has popped the question.
They were sitting on the steps of their home outside watching Abhir play football.
A rare time for the Sharma's as the couple had become extremely busy. Akshara in her internship and Abhinav in his business, besides his own taxi he had bought two more to give on rent . Their financial condition was not as good as Goenkas and Birlas. But it was better than before just like their family had become. They were happy earlier too but now they were happy without any fear of haunting past and ugly truths.

He sipped the tea in his hand and looked at Akshara who was staring at Abhir. Something was different today, he could sense it. Usually whenever Akshara watched Abhir she would have this pretty smile on her face , today ur was missing. She was staring at Abhir yet her mind was not. She seemed in deep thought her eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

Maybe work pressure he wondered to himself. He was just contemplating whether he should ask her or let her open up to him , she spoke up. "Abhinav "

"Ji" Abhinav immediately replied ready to help her in any way possible.

"Will you marry me ? " The steel glass was caught by Akshara before it slipped and the ground drunk the tea.

"Me ?" He asked stupidly and Akshara rolled her eyes " No I was asking this glass , Honestly Abhinav it's just a formality even if you say no I will forcefully marry you on the point of my belan ."

Therefore, two months later a dressed Abhinav was sitting as a groom on the mandap waiting for his bride on their seventh marriage anniversary.

It was his wedding mandap and he didn't know what he was feeling. He and Akshara has never been traditionally, their marriage before was a legal one they both did for Abhir. He never let this bother him but he himself hasn't known he was missing it in life yet Akshara has known.

"Bellow nahi yellow hota hai Ruhi Chuhi "
He looked at Abhir rectifying Ruhi and her dismissing him.

The Goenkas had all come to Kasauli. Akshara had wanted an intimate wedding in Kasauli much to Bade Papa's dismay.
None of the Birlas except Ruhi and Arohiji were invited. Abhir has wanted to invite his Docman yet Akshara had firmly refused.

When the Goenkas had tried to convince he still remembered vividly how she had put the ultimatum .
"Abhimanyu is my son's father, he has full rights on Abhir I agree but that doesn't make him or the Birlas my family. My relations with that family had ended the day he divorced me. I am not that mahaan for allowing unnecessary people and drama in my wedding. If you have any issues with that you can chose not to attend the wedding."

The Goenkas had attended, there was no drama yet though the constant demands of Chachi maa were going on , it didn't bother him this time.

He had four members from his side. His nikkeji, Neelamma , Muskan and her baby. Soon in a few months he was going to have a nephew or niece.

He looked at the door as shehnai of Akshara arriving played out.

Akshara stared at herself in mirror wrapped in red. She had paired a dainty gold set with a exiquisite nath, a gift from Neelamma . She supposed she looked simple and elegant.
She let out a deep breath. For all the confidence she showed , she was nervous and even scared not for marrying Abhinav no she could stab that man in chest yet he would thank her. He was so good, so good that sometimes she felt she didn't deserve him though she knew he would disagree but that was the truth.
She was scared as she was reminded of her first marriage with Abhimanyu. She had tried so much not to think of that day but she did. She remembered how naive and happy she was at that time how she had built a dream castle which could not even take a single blow and crumbled as if never existed.

She was sure it would never happen with Abhinav. They loved, trusted and respected each other. She reassured herself but nothing worked and she was sure only one thing could help her now, Abhinav . Only seeing him can calm her mind now. That man doesn't realise how much power he had over her.

So without fearing Arohi's teasings she told her to immediately take her to the mandap to marry that stupid naive loving caring perfect man.

As she walked through the door with Arohi and Badi mumma on either of her sides , she stared at Abhinav. World came to a stop. As if everyone disappeared except them . Their stares fused with each other none of them ready to go. There was a song playing in the background but Akshara could only hear the name of Abhinav ringing in her ears.

His presence was too strong. She could feel it through every bone of her body. He could interact with her soul. Her heart seemed to be confused about being the most calmest and then beating at such a high rate almost on the verge of getting hospitalized.

Her mouth had turned dry and legs worked on their own. How the hell was this possible? She was not a teenager anymore, she was an adult woman. How the hell a man affected her so much ?

Abhinav had stood up at a point and forwarded his hand to her as she reached home. Her hand instantly connected with his and they both gripped tightly and Akshara realised with a smile that she was not the only one with such situation, he was equally affected.

(I have no idea about the pahadi wedding rituals. Please please it's really my request that if any of the readers are pahadi kindly DM me their wedding rituals)

The marriage has been over peacefully. Akshara now sat on their nuptial bed with her knees to her chest , the veil covering her face . She straightened as she heard Abhinav walking through the door and closing it.

She waited for a few minutes for him to speak but when he didn't she lifted her veil and face palmed herself.

Abhinav sat there the same way as her looking at his feet .
Akshara stood up from the bed and covered his face with sehra. Abhinav startled but before he could speak , Akshara removed the sehra.

He looked at her confusingly and she just shrugged. " I thought you were waiting for me to do your muh dikhai."

"Nahi ji " Abhinav stammered and Akshara laughed delightfully , then pinching his cheeks and kissed him. She could not resist, he was just so cute.

They both layed comfortably with each other as they binge watched their wedding film.

Again a request if anyone knows the pahadi wedding rituals please DM me .

Vote, comment and share if you like it.
Thank you ❤️