Closure -4 (Akshara Goenka)

Akshara didn't sleep that night. Her daughter's voice haunted her
"Was it that you loved him more than me or you loved his father more than my father ?"

She has continuously tried to convince herself all these years that whatever she did was for Abhir's sake. She has kept her guilt at bay not letting it consume her. For she knew if she let the guilt surface it would have gobbled her completely and she could not afford it for abhir . She could not leave Abhir be in Manjiri's care. She married only for Abhir. Her passions, her desire everything died with Abhinav, the man who filled her life once with colours. She knew she betrayed him. She could not take care of his child , not giving the love she deserved hence she used Abhir as her shield.

So when she heard the confrontation between Abhisha and Abhir her heart sank. It looked like the arguments she and Aru used to have in their teenage years. Abhir was like Arohi blaming Abhisha just like she was blamed . Arohi has changed now but by the time she did damage was already done.

Will Abhir be like her too ? She had to talk to Abhir . She won't let her son walk on the same path of hatred .

She rolled on to the other side and saw Abhimanyu. He was still sleeping, he usually didn't sleep that late but today he looked so peaceful. She had seen earlier how he and Ruhi came hand in hand.

She was glad they forgo their differences. His confession played in her mind. Why did he confess after all these years ? They have not been a couple since years. They just married for Abhir then why would he say that last night ?

Abhimanyu was braver than her. She knew he visited Abhisha when she was young but Akshara could not gather the courage . She was scared that if she saw her daughter once her resolve would crumble. Her daughter was off without her anyway , she didn't need a coward as her mother.

She stared at the vermillion in her hands , the black beads of the mangalsutra striking against her pale neck. It was wrong of her she knew , she was betraying both Abhinav and Abhimanyu. Being Abhimanyu's wife while having Abhinav in her heart.
Arohi used to say right. She was spineless, not bold enough to take right decisions. But it was too late to correct anything. The damage was done. She has lost her husband and daughter. And the man she was currently married to didn't even come close to as her friend.

Even though she started the day gloomily, she was excited to watch Abhimanyu and Ruhi rekindled today. They would talk as before and she would get some familiarity back.

So she was utterly shocked when a hysterical Manjiri rushed downstairs screaming that Abhimanyu was not waking up.

Everything happened in a blur afterwards. All of them ran to their room. Arohi checking him followed by all the doctors in the family, trying to wake him up. Manjari crying like a hyena in the background.

Two hours later Akshara found herself sitting on the floor as Abhimanyu was wrapped in white lying on the floor.
It was a heartattack, Mahima has said , heartattack during his sleep, the most peaceful way for someone to die .

. A sobbing Manjiri shaking Abhimanyu's shoulders and calling for him, getting consoled by Shefali and Mahima .She saw Ruhi now hugging Arohi and crying her hearts out . Abhir was standing in a corner wrapped in Kairav's arms. Manish and Suvarna on the side standing silently.

Manjiri grabbed her hand and pulled her . "You ... it's all because of you ".
Akshara stood dumbfounded. What did she do now ?
"You killed my son , you did you killed both of my sons , you took them away from him."
As she made her shake vigorously.
A crying Abhir interrupted her and stood infront of Akshara . He held her by the shoulders to shield Akshara " Dida stop please I know you are sad but control yourself it's not Mumma's fault." Abhir shouted.