8

Quidditch 

The next morning, in the great hall. The gang is sitting, eating. Harry is twirling his food on a fork while the group look at him. "Take a bit of toast, mate, go on." Ron tells him. 

"Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today." Riley adds in a soft voice. 

"I'm not hungry." Harry declares as Snape appears at the table.

"Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourself against a troll, a little game of Quidditch should be easy work for you. Even if it is against Slytherin." Snape  then walks off, limping. 

Harry notices this and furrows his eyebrows. "That explains the blood."

"Blood?" Hermione asks him. 

"Listen, last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that 3 headed dog. But, he got himself bitten, that's why he's limping." Harry explains. 

"Of course you blame me." Snape says as he rolls his eyes. Isla gives him a lopsided smile and rubs his arm. 

"But why would anyone go near that dog?" Leo asks, screwing up his face in remembrance of the dog. 

"The day we went to Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Aunt Adelaide explained that it was Hogwarts business."

"So you're saying..." Hermione starts before she trails off. 

"That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants." Harry informs passionately. Hedwig screeches as she enters the Great Hall. She is carrying a very large, long parcel. She drops it off at the table making the group look at it weirdly. 

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?" Hermione asks as they all inspect the parcel. 

"But I... I never get mail." Harry stutters out. 

"Let's open it." Leo says as he looks at the parcel determined. They all work together to open the parcel to reveal a broomstick.

"It's a broomstick." Harry realises looking at the broom. 

"That's not just any broomstick, Harry." Ron says as he analyses the broom, recognizing the model. "It's a Nimbus 2000!"

"But who...?" Harry trails off, confused on who would have sent him mail. 

He notices Professor McGonagall and Adelaide up at the head table, stroking Hedwig. They turn their head when they feel Harry's stare. McGonagall smiles at him while Adelaide gives him a cheeky wink making Harry nod in thanks.

Before anyone else could say or do anything, the Weasley twins and Cassie run towards them and take a seat at the table. They quickly adjust themselves to make it look like they had been sitting there for a while. Cassie then turns to the group of first years. "Pretend like we've been here the whole time."

"But you only just got here." Leo explains with furrowed eyebrows.  

"That's why I said pretend." Cassie practically hisses at him. 

"What did you do?" Adelaide asks the trio as she turns around to face the trio who only give her sheepish smiles. 

Skylar, on the other hand, starts laughing. "Oh, this is gonna be good." 

 And, surely enough, a Slytherin who looked like they were getting ready to start quidditch walked up to them with a scowl. "Weasley's and Potter." He sneers, causing all the Weasley and Potters to turn to him. He throughs a careless hand towards the first years and continues to stare at the older group. "Not you." He then lifts up his quidditch jersey that was in his hands. "Why is my jersey... pink?"