7

Quidditch practice and trolls

Outside in the courtyard the next day, Oliver and Harry appear, carrying a trunk, before they put it down on the grass. Oliver then opens the trunk before looking at Harry. "Quidditch is easy enough to understand."

"Yeah because it's amazing." James scoffs making his sister shush him.

 Each time has seven players. Three Chasers, two Beaters, one Keeper and a Seeker. That's you. There are three kinds of balls."  He picks up the big red one red one. "This one's called the Quaffle. Now, the chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops." He points to the hoops in the Quidditch pitch in the distance. "The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops." He throws ball to Harry. "With me so far?"

Harry throws the ball back. "I think so. What are those?" He points to two squirming chained down balls.

"You better take this." Oliver hands Harry a small bat. He bends down and releases one ball. With an angry growl, it flies off into the air. The two boys watch it. "Careful now, it's coming back." The balls comes whizzing down, and Harry cracks at it with the bat. The ball soars off through a statue, surprisingly without damaging it. "Not bad, Potter. You'd make a fair Beater. Uh-oh." The ball zooms down, and Oliver grabs it, wriggling to get it back in the box. He succeeds and is out of breath.

"What was that?" Harry asks.

"Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But you are a Seeker. And the only thing I want you to worry about is this. The Golden Snitch." He hands Harry a walnut sized golden ball.

"I like this ball." Harry comments. 

"So do I." James says. 

"Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see." Oliver explains. 

"What do I do with it?" Harry asks. 

"You catch it. Before the other team's Seeker. You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win." Oliver explains. 

The ball flutters out two delicate wings and jumps into the air. Harry keeps an eye on it. "Whoa!"

+++

Riley was walking through the hallway after just getting back from the library. She was half trying to pay attention to where she was going, other half trying to read a book when she crashes into someone making her fall to the ground. "I am so sorry!" She immediately apologises as she picks up her book she was reading and the others she was carrying. 

"Gotta stop meeting like this." A voice says making her look up and see Mattheo Malfoy staring down at her. 

"Sorry?" Riley asks with a confused look on her face. 

"On the train." Mattheo explains bluntly. 

Cuts to a video of Riley crashing into Mattheo's back on the train. "Sorry!" Riley immediately apologises as she goes to stand up. 

"Damn Riley we need to teach you how to walk!" Leo comments making her look down slightly and giggle. 

"Or to just look where she is going." Mattheo adds with a smirk. 

Mattheo stares down at her for a second. "Whatever." He says before continuing to walk away from her making Riley blink a few times before moving along as well.