t h i r t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

It does hurt, the wound is constantly in pain, but it's nothing compared to the ache I feel in my chest.

The layers of my heart physically apart making it weaker and weaker, vulnerable to more ache.

"Let's go home, you're not supposed to be standing up for so long, I'm sorry." she says and picks up the gun from the ground, handing it to me.

I carefully take it, my hand brushing against hers, and start walking back to the car.

- - - - -

When we're back at the house, everything they've left behind is gone, they're almost done, just packing their last boxes into their cars.

"Did you show her?" Minji asks, she's putting a few things into a duffel bag on the dinner table.

Where we sat for our first dinner.

"She's a natural." Hanni answers, squeezing my shoulder.

"Did you teach her how to aim, though?" Kazuha adds, coming down the stairs.

"I don't want to stress her out too much, you know, with the trauma on her ears and stomach." Hanni replies before heading up the stairs.

"How are your ears by the way?" Minji zips up her duffel bag and throws it over her shoulder.

"They're better, the gun's pop didn't hurt them." I answer, tucking my hair behind my ears.

"That's because she chose a gun that had less power, another kind would probably do something." Kazuha adds and they both leave the house to put their things in the cars as well.

As they walk out, Danielle and Eunchae walk in, "We're all done." Danielle says.

There won't be a trace of them in the house anymore.

"That's good." I reply dully.

"Nice gun." Eunchae nudges her head towards my hand and I hold it up.

"Oh, yeah." I mumble, admiring the small initial on it.

- - - - -

By the time the sun sets, they're all done.

I try to accept the fact that I have to watch them drive away, but they remain in my house, coming up to me with smiles in the living room.

"What did you guys do." I ask, sitting up on the couch to see their suspicious smiles.

"Surprise!" Eunchae shakes her hands in the air.

"What? What did you do?" I stand up frantically and Hyein laughs.

"Relax, it's just a small gesture." she says.

"A thank you gesture, for letting us in your life." Leeseo adds, her hands behind her back.

"You don't need to thank me." I scoff.

"It's also an apology, for all the lying." Minji then adds.

"What is it?" I jump.

"It's on the dining table." Kazuha answers and I walk through them, walking there.

When I lay my eyes on their gift I gasp, placing my hand over my mouth, covering my huge smile.

They've made dinner for me.

Our last dinner together.

Every inch of the table is covered with a dish, either Western or Korean, all beautifully splayed out.

"So, what do you think?" I hear Eunchae ask behind me and I turn around to see them all standing there, anticipating my answer.

"I think... I might cry." I laugh and they all smile proudly.