Avni Was Back

Chapter 37:

It was the time of night, the moon was shining in the sky and it peeked into Avni and Neil’s room. Neil was laying on the bed in Fowler’s position and Avni came from the bathroom while keeping her hair behind her ears. Avni came to the couch and she saw her pillow was missing. Neil was looking at her. Avni looked at the bed and found her pillow on her side. Avni frowned and she came forward.

Avni: How did my pillow come here?

Neil looked at the pillow and then he looked at Avni.

Neil: Ab, I don't know. Maybe it has feet.

Avni made a face.

Avni: You brought my pillow here.

Neil gave no reply. He was just looking at Avni who was also looking at him.

Avni: Why?

Neil: I want you to sleep beside me.

Avni: Neil, you are injured. Your wounds are still fresh.

Neil: Avni, Neav is a kid so he might hurt me but you are not a kid. You will be careful.

Avni: still, Neil.

Neil: Please.

Avni: You need rest.

Neil looked at Avni for a few seconds.

Neil: And if I say that I would get peace if you sleep here with me then.

Avni looked at Neil for some time and then she went to the other side of the bed. Neil scratched his nose. Avni sat on the bed.

Avni: But I will keep cushions between us.

Neil was about to say.

Avni: I know, now no one could come between us.

Neil wondered how Avni got to know about it.

Avni: But it is for my satisfaction.

Neil nodded.

Avni: Thank You.

Neil smiled. Neil tried to lay and suppressed his lips. Avni saw that.

Avni: One minute.

Avni got up and went to Neil’s side. Avni held Neil’s shoulder and Neil looked at the shoulder and then he looked at Neil. Avni took away the cushion from his back and her eyes fell on Neil. Avni continued her work and realized that Neil was looking at her. Avni looked at Neil and they got lost in each other’s eyes. Their eyes got locked for some time and then Avni got her senses and broke the eye contact. Neil lowered his gaze and then he looked at Avni. Avni helped him to rest on the bed. After that, Avni covered him with the duvet. Neil sighed.

Neil: Thank You.

Avni smiled.

Avni: Good night.

Neil: Good night.

Avni was about to move but something struck her mind. Avni looked at Neil who smiled but his smile faded to see Avni’s expressions.

Avni: How did you pick up my pillow?

Neil was shocked. Avni was looking at him. Avni waited for Neil’s answer but when she didn’t get any answer then she widened her eyes.

Avni: You got up from the bed.

Neil was shocked and he got afraid so Neil closed his eyes instantly and Avni was looking at him. Avni glared at him for some time and then she shook her head.

Avni went to her side and sat on the bed. Avni made the wall of cushions and Neil saw that. Avni lay on the bed and turned to Neil who was laying on his back but he was looking at Avni. Avni smiled to see him. Neil also passed a smile.