~ quarantasette ~

Start from the beginning

"Of course. Of course, I'll come with you, my love," she said gently. Her voice felt like a caress. Charles needed someone like this next to him. Sometimes, he felt like a twelve-year-old boy, who was just looking for someone's warm embrace.

"Just one race weekend. That's all that I want," the Ferrari driver mumbled while resting his head on Pia's shoulder. He needed this. Recharge with Pia after not seeing her for so long. As the season came slowly to an end, it was more and more demanding.

"I understand, love," the Italian nodded and intertwined her fingers with Charles'.

"This is nice. This is really nice," he said as he allowed himself to close his eyes. He felt good, safe, home.

"I'm glad it does. My home is your home," the Italian whispered.

"I'm sorry it didn't always feel like home," her fiancé said softly. He knew how complicated everything was. He knew Pia didn't feel like she had a home for a long time.

"Yeah, well it's the past now," Pia shrugged her shoulders. "Plus, when I didn't feel home here, I had my home in Monaco in your arms," Charles' fiancée said openly. There were times when he was her only home. There were times when Leclerc's household was more home to her.

"Talking about home in Monaco... are you happy there? I know it's not quite... I don't know, according to your standards?" He said he didn't really know how to describe it.

"I'm getting used to it," she smiled at her lover lightly. She had many bad memories when it came to Monaco. She had also a lot of good memories. So, she kinda didn't feel much about it. She was a bit sad that she was living in an apartment nowadays. She missed her morning yoga in the garden and a bit more peace in general.

"I was thinking... Would you like to move to your house in Genoa?" Charles' head was still resting on Pia's shoulder as he asked her this question.

The Italian was quiet for a moment. The question of where they would call home was significant.

"Would you want to move there?" She asked him.

"I asked you first," the Ferrari driver stated.

Pia considered the question for a moment, her fingers gently tracing patterns on Charles' thigh as she thought.

"I think it would be nice," she finally said. "But you have your family and friends in Monaco, and I go to uni there."

Charles lifted his head from her shoulder, looking into her eyes. "I would like to move there if it makes you happy."

"But-"

"Hear me out. It's not that far from Monaco. It's a two-hour drive, and you barely go to uni anyway. I mean, we could still spend some weekends in Monaco with my family and friends during the off-season, but our home could be in Genoa," he tried to convince her. "And I'll have it closer to Maranello," he added.

Pia listened carefully to Charles, considering his words. She realised that his suggestion had its merits, and it was evident that he was willing to make the effort to accommodate her wishes. He also thought that being in Italy would help Pia with all her health issues and also Genoa would be a good place to raise their children potentially. Furthermore, Charles would appreciate a bit more peaceful surroundings as well. Things in Monaco started to get a bit too overwhelming for his liking too.

"I mean, if you want that, it'd be nice," the Italian said. "Really nice."

"If I didn't want it, I wouldn't be suggesting it," the Ferrari driver told her peacefully. He had to smile. Pia was always thinking about others before her. She always wanted to make everyone happy.