~ trenta ~

🌸 note 🌸

Hi, hello and welcome!

You write comments and I listen. So, here is a chapter which is twice as long as normal. Therefore, there's more action and hopefully, you will enjoy it. Let me know. <3

Loads of love, Anna <3

🌸

Austria, August 2019

"Max, stop moving. You have to focus. Listen to your inner self," Pia said annoyedly. She could hear that her Dutch friend was moving. They were together in the garden, sitting cross-legged on the grass with their palms on their knees while their eyes were closed.

"I can't believe you really made me do this," the Dutchman muttered. She just kept convincing Max that they should meditate for a bit to release all the tension he was surely feeling because of becoming a dad. He really didn't want to do it, but Pia was persistent. So eventually, he gave in.

"Shhh," she shushed him. The Italian really tried to focus, but after a while, she could feel someone's eyes on her. "I can feel your stare at me," she said with closed eyes. She indeed could feel Max's eyes on her.

"Aren't we supposed to be quiet? I was almost talking to my inner self, and you ruined it. Thank you so much," he said mockingly. Pia actually couldn't believe that she had convinced him either. Perhaps it just showed how much pity he felt towards her.

"Let's just focus then," the Italian let out as she exhaled. She tried to relax her shoulders a little more to be comfortable.

The Dutchman opened his eyes to look at his friend. She was still sitting down with her eyes closed. He felt like this was the perfect opportunity for an escape. He quietly got up with his eyes on Pia. He needed to make sure she wouldn't notice this. Max stood still for a moment to ensure Pia thought he was still sitting down. After a moment, he took a step and then another one. But then, all of sudden, Pia turned her head to look directly at him while her eyes were still closed.

"Max, sit back down on your ass. We have not finished yet." The warning tone in her voice was clearly hearable, but Max could also hear a bit of amusement in her voice. Maybe she did this all to mess with her friend a little bit.

"How do you know I was ab-" Max couldn't even finish his sentence because his friend interrupted him.

"I saw you with my third eye," she said sarcastically before bursting into laughter. Then it hit Max. She was really doing this all to mess with him a little. Why did he invite her over in the first place? These things made him question his sanity. Or maybe Pia's sanity.

"That's it. I'm done. I'm leaving," Max announced before he walked away with his chin up. Pia found it amusing, especially, because she knew Max was pretending to be angry. He was never really mad at her. Well, maybe once or twice, but other than that not really. They disagreed on many topics, but that didn't make them argue.

Pia looked around only to notice smiling Patrick. She was pretty sure he joined her in her burst of laughter. "How are you doing today, Patrick?" The young Italian asked him from far away.

"Good. What about you? You seem to have a good day," he pointed out an obvious fact. It was nice to see a genuine smile on the Italian's face. Pia assumed Patrick's shift was already over. Most days, he worked in the mornings.

"Oh, I'm just messing with Max. He's the only one I can mess with in this house," she confessed. She was in a good mood today mainly because of her Dutch friend.

"Really?" The Austrian asked her. He thought Pia was mainly Joanna's friend.

"Yeah, you're off the limits," she said in a seductive tone, but she also tried to show that she was just joking. The Italian watched how the cheeks of this poor guy got redded. Maybe she was messing a little bit with him. "I would get told off by Adrian or Joanna," she added in a serious tone. She wasn't really looking for anything. Her heart was still broken, and she knew another guy wouldn't help her to fix it.