5. faking

——— 2014, finals week.

Bada was supposed to be coming home soon, but Aeri wasn't looking at the clock. The only indicator that it was getting late for her was the sun going down. She had been too immersed in the paper she was holding.

When the door clicked, it was already dark outside. Aeri quickly tried to hide her sketchbook, but Bada easily caught her before she could. The paint on her hands (and desk) gave it away, anyway.

"What you doing?" She squinted her eyes as she closed the door behind her, placing her shopping bags on the floor next to her bed.

"Uhm..."

"Aeri, I literally left for the whole day so you could study here. And you're clearly not." Bada crossed her arms, but she kept a teasing tone.

"I was studying! I just took a little break." She said, sheepishly. Bada walked over and grabbed the sketchbook from her hands to look at the drawing, to then look back at her friend.

"The sunset was looking cool as hell, so what." Aeri defended.

Bada stared at it for a second more before her expression turned amused. "It's 8 o'clock right now, though..."

"Well, I took a long break, alright?!" Aeri raised her arms and turned her chair around, facing the window. "Statistics drive me crazy, oh my God."

"It's okay, I get it." Bada reached over and brushed her hair. She could especially get it, knowing that Aeri hated her major. But she always kept that to herself.

"Do you wanna go out for a walk or something?"

"No, it's okay, I just needed to finish this picture so I could get back to this." She pointed at the three different books sitting on her desk. "But the sun went out before I could, so I'm stuck now." She sighed.

"Well, just paint something else." Bada offered, loosely pointing around in their room before Aeri set her gaze on her.

"Okay, just stay still."

"What? No, not me!" She took off her jacket, chuckling and turning her body away from her.

"Why not?" Aeri chuckled back, standing up and grabbing Bada's shoulders to turn her around.

"I'm not sketching material." Bada argued, with her hands fighting off Aeri. When she suddenly stopped and looked at her incredulously.

"You're kidding." She scoffed. "You have the perfect features, if you knew how many times I've drawn you." She mumbled but, as always, Bada could hear her perfectly.

"Huh? That's a little creepy." She crossed her arms.

Aeri felt her cheeks heat up a bit before she shook her head and grabbed her friend's arms again and forced her to look directly at her, with only a few inches separating them. "Just let me, yes?"

Bada looked down at her, shifting her gaze between her eyes - looking back into hers - and the rest of her face.

"Fine, jeez." She laughed a bit, Aeri letting go of her with a pleased smirk. "I don't know why I keep forgetting how persuasive you are."

"Great, just sit and pose. Stay still."

Bada sighed, shaking her head while she grabbed a chair and sat on it backwards, in front of Aeri. The brunette grabbed her art items from her drawer, with a smile on her face, to start painting her beautiful friend.