1. old us

"Babe, I think this is for you." She heard her boyfriend's voice coming from the living room and rushed to see what it was about.

"Mail? For me?" She asked, intrigued to see the man holding an envelope.

"Yeah- from an... Aeri Lee?" He nonchalantly announced, without knowing how his girlfriend's heart threatened to jump out of her chest by those two words. She simply took the paper from him and opened it with nervousness filled in her actions.

It was true, the letter was addressed to her and came from none other than Aeri Lee. Who even sends mail nowadays? Why did she always have to be so extra?

"What is it?" Jungwoo asked, probably wondering why the girl had a frown on her face. He waited for her as she opened the envelope to pull out a piece of paper.

"A wedding invitation."

——— 2013, first day of college.

"It's finally time, Bada." The slightly, just slightly shorter girl excitedly said, walking down the hall. "Can you believe it?"

"It's not that crazy, you know?"

"We've been planning this for months! Just humor me and be excited with me, can you?" She grabbed Bada's arms and shook her.

"Hey, I didn't say I'm not excited, but it is pretty believable that we're starting college." She chuckled. "Just like everyone else in our grade."

"Yeah, but we actually got to be roommates. I wanna live with you so bad."

"Don't you think you're gonna get bored of me?" Bada asked, as she unlocked their dorm's door.

"I could never, I think it'd be the other way around." Aeri confessed, closing the door behind her and taking in her new home.

Which, by the way, had been completely set for living since a week before. 'You and you virgo ways, I can't.' Aeri said when Bada insisted - practically forced her - to get their dorm fully furnished and ready from days prior, even if there wasn't much space anyway.

"I'm telling you right now, it's never going to happen." Bada assured her friend, now roommate.

"Good, 'cause I love this dorm so much and I'm not moving. I like what you did with your wall." Aeri said, pointing at the mural of drawings and polaroids Bada had used to adorn the white wall beside her bed.

"Thank you. I have so many pictures of us, maybe I can give you some."

The brunette nodded and smiled gracefully, before she plopped herself down in her reduced-sized bed.

"Minho said to meet him and the others downstairs, by the way."

"You still talking to him?" Bada asked annoyed, hiding her eye roll as she folded a couple shirts.

"I don't even know, he confuses me." Aeri sighed. "He ignores my messages for a week straight and then texts me something out of nowhere, it's so annoying."

"Stop replying to him." The taller girl shrugged, not knowing why her friend puts up with the guy.

"Yeah, I should." She mumbled, her right arm covering her eyes. "But if we stop talking, I'll be completely single again."

"Like it's a bad thing." Bada scoffed.

Aeri laughed to herself, pondering for a few seconds as her friend finished tidying up.

"You know-" Aeri started, catching Bada's attention right away. "We should get married when we're old."

The black haired girl stopped on her tracks, "What?" She asked, half laughing.

"Yeah, like those arrangements people do. If we're both single by 30, we marry eachother." The girl explained, fidgeting with the string on her sweater.

Bada turned to face her, putting one hand on her hip and scoffing at her ridiculous plan.

"That's a bad idea."

"Why?"

"We're not even gay!" She defended, raising her hands up in the air and walking towards the chair placed in front of Aeri's bed.

The brunette heard her friend's words and sat up, wondering what was so bad about her idea.

"So?... People who do that are not really in love."

"Still." She mumbled, sitting on the chair. "And 30 is not even old."

"Well, 40 then."

Bada chuckled again. "You'll be married by 40, trust."

"How do you know that?" Aeri requested, a hint of worry in her expression.

"Look at yourself." Bada rolled her eyes at her friend's cluelessness.

Aeri looked down at her lap. "Well, I'd like to find someone that likes me for more than my looks." She wittily replied.

Bada sighed, waiting a second before answering. "You will."

——— Present day.

"At least it's not to Minho." Bada muttered.

"What?"

"Uh, at least she's not marrying Minho, a dick she used to date."

"Oh, were you close?" Jungwoo asked, since it was the first time he had heard of these people since they began dating a year ago.

"In college, yeah." The girl brushed off, putting the invitation back into its envelope and placing it on the counter.

"Oh, so are you going to the wedding?"

Bada pondered, fidgeting with her fingers. "I don't even know why she invited me, to be honest. We haven't talked in years."

She told Jungwoo, but she was more reflecting to herself.

"But maybe I will."