4. boyfriend

——— 2014

"Oh, shit. He's not coming." Aeri said as she finished applying her lipstick.

"Ah, really?" Bada replied, in a monotone voice. But the subtle smile on her face showed her relief that Minho wasn't coming.

"It's just us, then. Girl date." She grinned, poking her friend from the back as she brushed her hair.

Bada couldn't help the smile forming on her face, it's been a while since the two friends have gone out on their own. The girl had finally accepted to join a few of the couple's "dates" (it can't really be a date with Bada there), even if she never knows why Aeri wants her to go, she usually agrees. And she secretly enjoys Minho being uncomfortable with her there.

The cab took them right in front of the aquarium after they were both ready. Aeri had gotten a sudden interest on marine biology for about a week now, or so she said when she begged Bada to take her there.

Although she would always agree to it right away. But she did want to go to the aquarium too, she enjoyed the views, and fish and all that.

They were met with a darker ambience, adorned with blue sparkly lighting coming from the water against the big windows all over the place. They chose to wander off by themselves instead of joining the guide group. After all, Aeri presumed to know enough about the marine life to be the guide herself.

"So why's your boy not here?" Bada asked, after she spent a few minutes listening intently to Aeri as she talked about starfish.

"He couldn't come, that's it." Aeri looked away. "Anyway, so you see how they look still? They're actually moving but very slowly."

Bada noticed the change of topic, the lack of subtlety. But she didn't press further, it must've been that the jerk thought going to the aquarium was silly, as he always does with Aeri's plans.

They walked around for hours, Bada paid attention to every single bit of information Aeri threw at her, even if she couldn't be sure that they were real facts.

"I'm so serious, you need to change your major to Biology immediately!" Bada teased overdramatically when they were both sitting on a bench in front of one of the tanks. Only to receive a push and eye roll from the girl next to her.

"Stop. I actually really like this stuff."

Bada tilted her head. "I know."

Aeri's phone started ringing, the girl in front of her could see who the call was coming from before she rushed to decline it.

"Alright, what's up? Did you fight or something?" Bada put down her water bottle and turned to face Aeri.

"No, it's nothing like that." She mumbled, getting a sarcastic expression from her friend. "I swear, we're fine."

"Because you know if he did something to you, I'll find his ass and-"

"He didn't." Aeri put her hands on Bada's shoulders and laughed a bit, before turning her gaze to the side. "I didn't even tell him...to come here."

The brunette mumbled, but Bada had learned to decipher her. "Huh, why?"

"I... wanted to come with you."

"You could've just asked me. You know I much rather hang out with you than join on your dates."

Aeri shrugged, "I just thought you would've gotten uncomfortable if I asked you out."

Bada grew more confused, and maybe her heart started beating a little faster. "Why would I get uncomfortable?"

The brunette stayed silent for a second too long to say, "It's just you and me."