Chapter Fifty One

Atsushi POV

Akutagawa formed his Rashoumon into demonic armor, protecting himself from the upcoming fight, as I half transformed. I felt powerful, and I know he must as well as we met one another's eyes before turning to the girl standing between us. Y/n's deadly gaze was still fixed on Fitzgerald as he launched himself into the air, glowing with power. 

In one swift movement, he kicked Akutagawa in the side of the head, faltering after he saw how his attack had been blocked. With Francis distracted, Y/n launched herself up from behind her partner. She tried to punch him without success, he had jumped out of the way just in time.

The pair were quick to follow his trajectory, but every move they made against him, Fitzgerald somehow avoided. I ran over to where they were fighting, trying to hit the enemy but he just managed to dodge again.

"Get out of my way, Were-tiger!" Akutagawa yelled as I stopped in front of him.

"You, get out of my way!" I demanded in return, pushing him back before trying to attack Fitzgerald again.

"Teamwork." Y/n reminded as she regained the balance she had nearly lost when throwing herself out of the way of Francis' fists.

Akutagawa suddenly appeared in front of me, pushing Fitzgerald back with his attack. He skidded to a kneeling stop on the ground a few feet away.

"Dazai-san, my ass!" I yelled, too angry at Akutagawa's rashness and his lack of comprehension in regards to his power to heed her advice, "You're even more worthless!"

"Nonsense." Akutagawa shot back, "You're more worthless than I am!"

"Stop it this instant!" Y/n yelled back at us, stamping her foot in anger, "You're both fucking dead and therefore worthless if we can't get the terminal from him!"

"This is amusing." Francis cut in, drawing our attention back to him as he smirked, "You three are very much alike."

"What!" I yelled, steeling myself, preparing to attack.

"Don't you compare me to him!" Akutagawa and I yelled at the same time, moving in sync with one another to hit Fitzgerald.

The hit landed and although he blocked the intended target of his face, he was blown back to the other end of the roof. We both deactivated our abilities and I could feel exhaustion starting to take hold. Akutagawa fell to the floor.

"Ryu, are you okay!?" Y/n exclaimed, rushing to his side, "I know that technique is a lot for you."

"Taking a break, Akutagawa?" I taunted and Y/n glared at me over her shoulder.

"Shut up." he responded harshly, "You're next."

"The control terminal comes first." Y/n reminded us, getting to her feet, "If this ship hits the city, everyone will be obliterated."

Akutagawa pulled himself shakily to his feet. He looked as tired as I felt. Y/n looked us over with a sigh.

Suddenly, a large crash sounded from the other end of the ship. Y/n turned to watch as Fitzgerald approached our small group. It was clear she was planning something, I'd never seen her look so determined.

"Alright." She began, turning to face us once again, "I have permission from Mori to do something, but I was really hoping I wouldn't have to. It's our last resort. You two are in no shape to keep fighting like this."

Akutagawa met her eyes. He wore a deeply confused and almost worried expression on his face. Without acknowledging it, Y/n returned her attention to Fitzgerald.

"Tiger beetle, tell me, is there anything in this world aside from family worth sacrificing everything for?" Fitzgerald called menacingly to us as he continued to approach, "I'll take the book, and I'll bring my daughter back into this world."