Chapter 50: Departure

Start from the beginning

The teacher glanced at his paper, made sure it wasn't blank, collected it, and let him go home.

Preschool exams were casual like this, and so were the exams in first grade.

Cen Huai'an stood at the school gate, looking at Brother Bang, who had a bitter and resentful expression as he looked at his exam paper, resembling Moazi or Kuaizi.

At a glance, it was clear that he wouldn't be able to hand in his paper anytime soon. He picked up his school bag, turned around, and left the school without any hesitation.

The elementary school exams were finished in one day. During dinner, Chu Xia asked Cen Huai'an, "How many points do you think you can get?"

Cen Huai'an swallowed the meat in his mouth without any hesitation and confidently said, "Full marks."

For Cen Huai'an, the paper was too simple, just like doing homework as usual. Besides full marks, there was no other possible result.

Chu Xia smiled and said, "You're so confident."

Cen Huai'an nodded with a "Hmm."

A smile appeared on Chu Xia's face. "If you really get full marks, I can fulfill one small wish for you, as long as it's within my ability."

Cen Huai'an's eyes lit up instantly: "Okay."

He started thinking about what he wanted from now on. Should he get a new Go set, or buy a complete set of "Journey to the West" comic books?

He heard that "Seven Heroes and Five Gallants" is also very good. Should he buy this set of books? With only one wish, Cen Huai'an was torn.

The next day, Cen Huai'an didn't have to go to school, but he still woke up early. Children sleep early and can't stay in bed.

It was Chu Xia who dawdled until the last moment, only coming out from under the covers. Cen Huai'an had already bought breakfast, and even her medicine was being brewed in the earthen pot.

Before going to work, Chu Xia envied Cen Huai'an with a glance: "It would be great if I didn't have to go to work."

Cen Huai'an said, "Then Mom, you don't have to go to work, I have a lot of money."

He seriously counted in his heart, it should be enough to support him and his mom for a month. If he had to take it out, he would still feel heartbroken, but if his mom really didn't want to work, then he would still take it out.

Chu Xia felt sweet in her heart and couldn't help but rub Cen Huai'an's hair: "Keep your money for yourself! Stay at home and do your winter vacation homework well, don't go out."

She had already talked to Cen Huai'an last night, finished the winter vacation homework first, and then did other things.

As soon as she stepped out, a cold wind blew, Chu Xia shivered and wrapped her scarf tighter, walking towards the factory.

She had just arrived in the office for a short while when the department head called her to his office.

Chu Xia thought it was about her leave, maybe the factory manager agreed to her request, and she knocked on the department head's office door with a smile on her face.

"Comrade Luo, do you know why I called you here?"

Chu Xia immediately asked, "Did the factory manager approve my leave?"

The department head's expression froze, "Uh, no, he didn't."

Chu Xia looked at him, her face showing confusion. If it wasn't about her leave, then why did the department head call her over?