He shut his eyes, and shook his head.

I sighed as i gave my boys some boxing gloves, nodding towards them.

You might think this is harsh, but Elias' grandfather broke my Rocco's arm, and beat him badly many years before.

It had caused some trauma for Rocco.

Sadly the old man died before we could properly deal with him.

I wont take my fight up with his grandchild, but it does restrain my remorse a little.

I wouldn't let them beat him with their bare fists, for his sake and theirs. They're also not allowed to go full out, just rough him up a little.

I let them have have a couple of minutes before i ask him again.

"JUST TELL ME, AND WE CAN BOTH BE OUT OF THIS MISERY!" I shouted at him not wanting this to have to go on longer than it has to.

He was still a child after all.

"HOW ARE YOU IN MISERY!? YOU ARE LITERALLY BEATING ME UP!" He screamed at me.

"Because I don't want to hurt you! I'm just doing what needs to be done! Surely you understand that"

I saw him nod solemnly after a moment. Not everyone enjoys the mafia life, but things need to be done.

I'm sure he's done some similar stuff like this that he's not proud of but has to be done.

I cannot allow whoever stole my shipments to get away with it. If I do it will allow others to think they can do the same, which they can't.

I intend to stay as the most powerful mafia, and that means having respect from everyone and taking shit from no one.

I saw Elias' eyes widen. I looked behind me and saw nothing. I shrugged it off, thinking nothing of it.

At the same time Rocco decides to leave as he has some exams tomorrow.

Me and Matheo wont be long after him. If he doesn't comply by the end of the night, i honestly don't know what to do.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

(Present)

I get up from my position within the kitchen and kiss my wife, telling her that I'm going to wake up Alina.

It's 9 a.m already, she typically wakes up a lot earlier.

I let her sleep in not thinking anything of it as she must be exhausted. Her body needs all of this rest in order to heal properly.

I knock on her door hoping she's up as I'm free all day, so we could possibly spend some time together.

I frown as I get no answer.

"Alina, are you awake" I ask but get no reply.

I see that she's still cuddled up in her blankets, so I let her be.

It's now 12pm, she has to be awake, surely!

I heard a grumble from under the covers.

"Alina, bambina are you ok? You've been asleep for a real long time" I asked her as I rubbed her back from on top of the duvet.

I didn't get a verbal reply, only her face moving so it was squished between her pillows facing away from me.

"Alina, are you ok? Do you need anything?" I asked worryingly.