𝐶𝘩𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑛𝑒.

༄ ⋆˚✿˖° ༄
•~•
{ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪᴇғ}
𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎.
"𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍."
•~•
༄ ⋆˚✿˖° ༄

ARABELLA EVANS didn't want to be a half-blood. Unfortunately for her, though—she was, so she had to make the most of it.

     They all say being a half-blood is dangerous and scary, and boy, were they right. If you had told her five-year old self that there was such thing as Demi-gods and that one of her parents was an all-powerful goddess of Olympus, she would have simply thought you were telling her a story—a myth, a legend. But she has since learned that you should always keep an open-mind.

     She arrived at Camp Half-Blood at the ripe age of seven and has called it her home for the past five years. She lived in cabin 10 alongside her half-siblings whom all shared the same mother as her; Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty.

She didn't know her half-siblings on a personal-level, or anyone at camp, really. She was never the social-kind due to her trust-issues and not a lot of the kids attempted to strike up a conversation with her—unless they were trying to ask her out on a date. It confused her because it was people who had never even spoken to her before. She never understood that. How someone could shoot their shot without even knowing the person they were trying to shoot their shot with? It made no sense, but she guessed it was because looks mattered more to them than personality, which was another aspect she could never quite wrap her head around.

Besides that, no other kids tried to talk to her unless they had to. They assumed that since she was a daughter of Aphrodite, they knew everything about her, when the truth was that they didn't. She was so much more than what they perceived her to be, so much more than a helpless damsel in distress who couldn't fend for herself.

Her efforts to prove herself were futile, though. No matter what she did or how hard she tried, everyone would look past her achievements. They only ever saw her mistakes.

     If there was one thing she wasn't though, it was a quitter. She wouldn't give up. Her opportunity would come one day. Then she'd show them how capable she really was—how wrong they were.

Arabella sighed. She had stopped sketching in her journal. Her pencil hovered over the paper as she stared blankly at the flower in front of her. When she had found it, it was on the brink of death, but with just a touch of her finger, it had sprouted back to life.

     If there was one thing she loved most in the world, it was flowers. Whenever she'd find one she hadn't seen before, she would sketch it in her journal. Then she'd go to the camp library and learn all there was to know about the new speck of life she had discovered.

     The brunette looked down at her half-finished sketch, then up at the sunny sky. She flipped her journal shut, deciding she'd come back to finish it later. She stood up from where she sat on the ground, dusting off her shorts before making her way through the forest and back toward camp.

     When she arrived, all sorts of different activities were being held—as per usual. The archery field was filled with kids she could only assume to be from Apollo's cabin and some of the tables had campers working on crafts. When she looked to the sword fighting arena, she saw Luke Castellan in the midst of it, who seemed to be teaching a few of the campers.