The Wrath of a God

Start from the beginning

"What is this?!" it snarled, and Reihekiu saw the creature stumble back, hunched and holding its ghostly hands, as if they were burnt. 

Then, from the light, stepped Enna. But this was no longer the little human child Reihekiu had encountered, dirty and disheveled, in the forest. What stepped forward now could only be described as terrible and beautiful. Awe-inspiring.

Her hair had turned the silver of cold hard steel and if flowed about her as if in water and her skin was pale with a ghostly glow, ethereal without any of the wounds she had had but moments before. And her eyes! where once the lavender color was soft and gentle, now they burned with rage and indignation, locked on her victim with terrible certainty. And on her head grew what Reihekiu thought were either a crown of copper branches, or even some kind of antler, tangled with a growth of what looked like Maubry apple blossoms, a strange but interesting contrast.

And as she walked across this decayed land, new growth sprouted beneath her bare feet: green grass, purple flowers... each step she advanced on the specter- slow and deliberate- breathed new life into the world. This was no longer a meek and innocent child playing god behind her toy servants. Reihekiu lay before a true land god and felt both relief and fear. Afterall, she was but a mere mortal, who was she to bare witness to this?

"Enna?" Gawped the moronic hobgoblin, his bluish grey skin streaked in red blood. The minions he had been fighting fled before the true land god's light, disintegrating when they could not escape fast enough.

Next to Reihekiu's prone form, Kishi stood, her tails dancing much as the goddess's hair. She kept her protective vigil, but had eyes only for her mistress.

"Why won't you die?" Snarled the Specter, but fear could be heard in his voice now. "What is this power?"

"You," Said Enna and even that one word, delivered with not inflection or emotion, made Reihekiu tense up, as power and fear washed over her. Even the woman's voice shook with power. "-are no longer welcome to do as you please in my lands." only on the word 'my' was the god's anger apparent, as her voice was calm. 

"You- you have no lands! All of this is mine, left to me by Ae-"

"Do not speak to me of that lizard." Stated Enna, not breaking her slow and deliberate stride. Every step she took brought new life to the forest, and drove the Specter back. Soon the shadowy being had passed by their beaten group, and the god herself came to a stop next to them.

Reihekiu's breath caught as Enna took her eyes of the enemy and instead laid them upon her. She watched as on of those pale, glowing hand moved her way, and she flinched- actually flinched!- her eyes squeezed shut. But, as warmth flowed over her bruised and broken body, she opened her eyes once again. Reihekiu was bathed in a golden light that contrasted with the cool, purple-ish brightness of Enna's own light. Her pain faded and suddenly she could breathe easier.

Then, without a word, she turned back to the Specter. "You, nor the dragon, have any claim here. This is my land, and you have poisoned it enough."

"You have no right!" Snarled the Specter, a fist swinging but Enna didn't even twitch. In fact, she looked on as if the Specter was a naughty child, and she was waiting for his fit to subside.

"You are not a god." She sated, when the creature realized that she could not reach or touch the being that stood before him. "You take, and break, and destroy. A land god's core purpose is to protect and nourish the land... look at this place! You are greedy and care nothing for what you claim to rule over. You kill and steel with thoughts of making yourself stronger. All die before your supposed greatness. How is that the actions of a god?"

"And what do you know of being a god?" Snarled the specter, head panning side to side as he looked for a way to escape. he needed to retreat, regroup, and come back stronger.

"Not much." Agreed Enna, but her eyes lost none of their icy intensity. "But enough to be getting by, I think." She added with a small, mocking smile, holding out her arms and showing the Specter the full majesty of her godly powers, even if she wore a torn and tattered garment.

Seeing no way out and breathing heavily, the Specter spat his words at Enna. "Fine! I will leave then..."

At that Enna actually broke out in a laugh that sounded like bells and summer, like the tears of lost love and what warm chocolate smelt like. It was all sensations that Reihekiu could not begin to comprehend. Did that peel of light laughter contain the light of life itself?

"Leave?" She said, voice dangerous and the rage still apparent in her eyes. "I don't think so. You think I can just let you go after poisoning my lands, killing my people, and proclaiming yourself the master?"

Feeling much better after what ever it had been that the God had done to her, Reihekiu gingerly lifted herself to her elbows and saw that the Specter was looking highly uncomfortable now. Lagdon was at its back, but She rather thought that he would provide no real barrier to the Specter. No, it was Enna's power and presence that was holding the vile beast to his spot. The hobgoblin may have had noble intentions, but the god was doing fine all on her own.

"You need to be punished." She said thoughtfully, and the greenery continued to spread. Now the lush grass had reached Kishi's paws and Lagdon's feet, a circle of life in this land of death, now the size of a small house.

"Punished?" Sneered the Specter, a last attempt at hiding his nervousness. If he could have fought or fled he would have done so already. "Are you going to consume me now, little goddess?"

A sly smile crossed her ethereal face, and if Reihekiu had been him, she would have been afraid. "Yes." She said, and the Spector snarled, its shadow stuff flaring before it immediately retreated from the goddess's unforgiving light.