Lagdon's Frustrations

Lagdon powered his way through the congested thorny bushes that seemed to make up the forest floor of the Dark

Lagdon powered his way through the congested thorny bushes that seemed to make up the forest floor of the Dark. There was no grace or subtlety at all, as he swung his clb from side to side, taking out his anger on the innocent foliage. And he was angry.

Sure, all hobgoblins were made for breaking and decimating, not sneaking or fancy foot work. But right now, even for a hobgoblin, Lagdon was being rather obnoxious. Normally he would not plow through an unknown forest, drawing attention to himself all the way, but in this case he could tell that it hardly made a difference. Something in this forest was messing with his senses, and he had no way to know if it was just a natural effect the Dark had on interlopers, or if there was an entity behind his current predicament. 

As it stood now, he was just going to assume it was an effect of the forest until something told him other wise. But as for the tree like creatures that had abducted Enna? He was sure that they had been sent by the Specter. He knew a minion when he saw one, and as far as he knew, the specter was the only thing both strong enough, or motivated enough, to create such beings. And that was not good, not good at all.

But it was Enna her self that was the source of the majority of Lagdon's current frustration. Just thinking about the slight and seemingly fragile human land god had him battering a thistle bush to a pulp. He knew- given he and Nord were the ones in charge of her training- that she was not nearly as defenseless as she had been just a few short weeks ago. But she was still far too gullible and breakable for his liking.

He should have kept her as far from this damn forest as he possibly could have. And had she of been a palace born princess, he may have. But Enna was not that, she was his land god, and it would have been the height of disrespect to imply that not only could she not protect herself, but could not even make the simplest decisions for herself. And as protective as Lagdon was over his land god, he knew that she was a power in her own right... when she really wanted to be at least.

Lagdon sighed, stopping just long enough to pry the roping vines off his weapon of choice, and glaring at the dark trees around him. He had no clue how far nor what direction the minions had taken the woman. Had she just abandoned the kobolds to their fate than they would not be in this current mess.

Lagdon shook his head, banishing the thought from his mind. He may find Enna's ways maddening, but the truth was he had a great deal of respect for her. He certainly knew no hobgoblin currently alive that that would stand up to Margund the way Enna did. The current goblin king was an intimidating man, and that was before his evolution to a goblin lord. But Enna still spoke to him as if he were just another man she had met on the street. A man she had respect for, but not at all like a man she feared just as much.

It had been his brother who had urged Lagdon to take on the role of Capitan of the Guard in charge of protecting the land god and her ideals. Honestly, such a job was an honor, but he had been hesitant to take it at first. Enna was just a human after all. But over the last months he had come to see why Margund had such faith in her, even after only just meeting the woman.