SIDE STORY-4: An Unexpected Turn Of Events

RITVIK ANAND's POV:
April 25th, 2017

As lunch break came to an end, I got back to my desk only to find a note under it.

[Meet me near the Cherry Blossom tree behind the school ;) - NN]

Alright, your boy's getting some love letters. Lesgooo! Wait, what the fuck? Who's this? Who's NN?

...

THIRD-PERSON POV:

Ritvik, lost in thought about the events of the day, found himself in the back of the school where Nino had asked him to meet her. The air was filled with a mix of anticipation and curiosity as he spotted her waiting by the tree. Nino, wearing a shy yet hopeful smile, looked up as Ritvik approached.

"Hello? Is anyone here?" Ritvik called out as he reached the back of the school.

"Um, hi~" a girl, with long pinkish hair replied, coming into view,

"Hey, you're... Nino Nakano, right? From my class?"

"Yeah, I am! Glad you remembered me~ Umm, thanks for coming. I've been wanting to talk to you."

"About what?" Ritvik asked curiously.

"Well, it's about what happened in class today. You know, with Miura and Hayama's group." Nino blushed slightly.

"Yeah, that was unexpected. I don't usually get into those situations."

"I liked how you stood up for yourself. It was cool."

"Thanks. So, what did you want to talk about?"

 So, what did you want to talk about?"

She took a deep breath. "Anand-kun, I'll be straightforward. I like you. I've been noticing you for a while, and today just made me think... I want to get to know you better."

"Okay.. Oh, um, that's... unexpected." Ritvik said, dumbfounded.

"Yeah, I know it might seem sudden. But I don't want things to be awkward between us. We could start as friends and see where it goes."

"Friends, huh? I'm okay with that."

As they walked around the school grounds, Ritvik and Nino engaged in small talk, slowly breaking down the initial awkwardness. Ritvik shared stories about his interests, like his love for reading and his fascination with science. Nino opened up about her passion for cooking and how she loved shopping.

"So, what do you like to do for fun?"

"Well, I love cooking. It's my escape, you know? And I enjoy shopping as well."

"That sounds amazing. Maybe we could go shopping sometime together."

"Yeah, I'd like that." She brightened up.

The duo continued their walk, exploring different corners of the school and finding common ground. As the sun began to set, Ritvik couldn't help but feel a genuine connection forming. Nino's honesty and warmth made the evening enjoyable, and he found himself looking forward to more moments like this.