chapter eighty

Mulai dari awal

Nora felt herself swaying back and forth with James, hearing some classical music from a record player; unfamiliar with the fact James listen to this type of music, looking at him.

"You like this music?" She asked out loud, needing answers. "Yeah, helps me sleep if I'm being honest, I need noise; I can't sleep in dead silence." James expressed, still hugging her.

We are more alike than I thought.

Breaking the hug as Nora saw a door open, she realized Evans was probably fast asleep, rubbing her eyes. "Oh, hi Nora." She rasped out, her hair a little frizzy as she was clearly still half asleep.

"Hi Evans." Nora smiled, James pretending to grab something out of a cabinet and give to her. "I didn't know you were here, I wouldn't have gone to bed." Said Evans, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Oh that's okay; I just needed something from potter, sorry if I woke you up." Nora blabbered, trying to sound like it was the truth. Evans yawned as she nearly fell asleep while leaning on the door, James snorting.

Nora slapped James' chest as Nora wished her a good night, watching the girl wave at them before shutting her door, wondering if she was aware of the fact she was awake for approximately ten seconds.

"Listen. I must go because it'll raise suspicions as to why I'm gone, but hogsmeade? You and me?" Nora asked, gesturing to tomorrows visit to hogsmeade once again, October creeping up onto them.

"Yeah, definitely." James smiled. Nora thought to leave until she looked at James, walking back over to him and embrace him into a passionate kiss, her hands twirling in his hair as James was caught off guard, needing a second to process it.

Pulling her in and resting his hands on her lower back, Nora didn't need to be on her tippie toes as she felt her knees weak kissing James, not wanting to let go of him. "I fancy you, a lot James Potter." Nora whispered against his lips, not caring if Lily was to open the door, pressing lips together one more time.

"You have no idea." James breathed, deepening the kiss before she had to go, their hands interlocked: breaking it and watching her leave. Nora has never had such a red face before, opening the door and standing in the corridors, alone.

Walking back with nothing but a smile, Nora made her way back to the common room, notching Betty awake by the fire, sitting in front of it. "Alright betty?" Nora thought to ask, seeing nobody else in the common room.

It was typical for people to be sleeping earlier, having nothing else to do, being in shame and guilt every time they were to walk the corridors anyways; washing it away with sleep. Nora walked over to Betty to make sure she was alright, hearing sniffles.

"I wasn't supposed to come back for my seventh year, the plan was I would be married, and would have no need to continue my studies. But because of a certain someone, the finance I grew to like, backed out." Betty sniffled, her eyes bloodshot red, noticing a bottle of firewhisky in front of her.

"I, that wasn't my fault. That's all up to Theo." Nora corrected, not having anything to do with it. "It doesn't matter, but because of you; I'm stuck here husband-less." Betty mumbled, taking a swig of the bottle.

Nora sat at the edge of the couch: looking down at betty with worry, knowing her drunk seemed to be worse. "You think you're so innocent Nora, you're exactly like me. Someone who won't ever find love because you aren't meant to have a happy ending—"

"Don't compare me to you." Nora interrupted, seething her teeth towards Betty. "Why? Because you think you're going fine with potter forever? Oh please, the moment he sees your true colours, he won't want anything with you. If anything, you and Theo would be perfect together, the dark lords precious cargo."