"I think we shouldn't visit. The wedd..." I started after I glanced around at everyone at the table while cleaning the crumbs off my fingers with a napkin.

"And I think you've already thought enough about me." Akash cut in. I felt a shock running through me while my mouth fell open, but I recovered from it soon and closed my mouth.

"Akash!" Nani warned. "He's your older. He mig..."

"Nani ji... There's..." Hariprakash started but stopped soon after without finishing and gawked at us.

"What is it?" Mami asked when he didn't speak anymore but stared at us with his slightly wide eyes.

"Someone from the Gupta house came... with a lot of things." He explained before looking and pointing over his shoulders once. Gupta house?... Khushi?

I glanced at my watch before I glanced up at Hariprakash, then exchanged a look with Nani as she got up from her seat, and we all followed behind.

Akash was the first to reach for the door. Maybe he had somehow expected Payal to stand on the other side. As he opened the door, I noticed his shoulders slumping down before he opened it wide for all of us to see.

A girl, maybe in her late twenties, stood there with lots of bags in her arms and a thali in each hand.

"I came from Payal's house. I was asked to drop these things." She explained. Her voice was uncertain as her eyes danced from one person to another. "There's more in the car."

Nani asked Hariprakash to take the things from her hands, and the car then again turned to her.

"Please, come inside."

"No, thank you. I have classes." She smiled tightly, but as she was about to turn, her eyes fell on Shyam. "Arre, Jijaji, what are you doing here?.. I thought you went to Lucknow for your wedding shopping." She said. Even she knows him?

"I..." Shyam started but stopped. For obvious reasons. Because who will he lie to now? Us or her.

"No, no. You must be mistaken. He's already married." Di said with a small, proud smile on her lips.

"No. You are mistaken. He's going to get married to Khushi. His fiancee." She said it with a little shake of her head.

"What nonsense? He's married. I'm his wife." She said. Her voice was growing angry.

"Do you have any proof that he is engaged?" I asked, pointing at her with a look. Say yes. Please, say yes.

She met my eyes for a moment before digging her phone out of her bag, and after a few seconds, she turned the phone on my face to see.

Khushi was wearing the saare she wore on Diwali with Shyam standing next to her.

"Happy?" She asked, then turned her phone to everyone before stopping in front of Shyam and adding, "At least you tell them Jijaji that you're unmarried but engaged!"

"You...?" Di started, but Shyam interrupted her by saying, "No. No, Rani Saheba. She... She's lying." He turned to the girl. "The Gupta family sent you, right? They told you to do this, didn't they?... How... How much money did they give you to come and lie?"

"Why would they ask her to do this?" Mama asked with confusion.

"You are getting married?... with Khushi Ji?" Di asked, and her voice shook while her eyes watered. "What about me?... Our princess?... How could you...?"

"Rani Saheba, she's lying."

"Why will she lie?... And the picture... Is that also a lie?" Akash questioned. His brows tugged in the middle.

Shyam avoided him and went for Di, but I caught his hand before he could even touch her while Akash came to stand between them. I caught his eyes for a moment before I turned my attention back to Shyam and took a step closer.

"You still have time. Jijaji. To confess." I whispered only for him to hear before looking him in the eyes as he glared at me. He tried to pull his hand free from mine, but I held it firmly, and Akash remained between them like a barrier.

"Bitiya, you go. Thank you." Nani said as she led the girl to the door.

"But..." The girl tried.

"Help her out." Nani told Hariprakash before turning to the girl and saying, "Thank you again." And she turned her attention back to Shyam as the door closed behind her.

"I would like you to tell us everything from the start without leaving anything behind." She ordered Shyam with a cold look and walked past me to the living room, leaving us all no choice but to follow.