7.) Ex-Boyfriends

Start from the beginning

It was small and cozy with three seats, two were two love seats- with two cushions each- and there was one couch- with three cushions- and they all matched. A woven black base with soft tan cushions and matching pillows. The three pieces of furniture created a rectangle without a fourth end and at each corner, there was a small table decorated with humble vases of flowers. In the center of the seats, there was a matching futon that was long and in reach of all of the seats. And behind the long couch, there was a small lit up moat of water that looked like it was begging for me to dip my feet in. And on the other side of the cute moat, there was a huge panel of glass that acted as a window/wall and looked out to a lining of trees and if you looked past the trees, you could see the beach.

“Cool, huh?” Brendon chuckled, snapping me out of my awe.

“Yeah.” I breathed. “This place just keeps getting even more perfect.”

“It is a really nice house.” Brendon agreed, slipping his phone into his back pocket as I sat down beside him on the couch.

“Have you been here before?” I asked him curiously.

He nodded. “Yeah, when we were kids, like once.” He explained.

“So are there any other hidden cool rooms that I should know about?” I asked.

“Well, there’s a bowling alley.”

“What?!” I squeaked.

“Not like a real one, Libby.” Brendon laughed. “It’s only two lanes, but yeah- I think it’s like on the other side of the house though.”

“We’ll have to go do that sometime. I can totally kick Holly’s ass at bowling.” I grinned.

Brendon laughed again. “Okay then.”

“Are you good at bowling?” I asked curiously, kicking my legs over his lap so that I was sitting parallel on the couch with my legs over Brendon’s lap- because friends can sit like that and keep it totally unawkward.

“No, not at all.” He admitted. “Why do you think I never took you?”

“I never thought about it.” I mumbled. “But it’s refreshing to know that I’m better at you at something.”

“Please,” He snorted softly, resting his arms around my legs, very casually. “you’re better at a lot of things.”

“Yeah, okay.” I muttered sarcastically. “Dancing doesn’t count.”

“Oh, I wasn’t going to say dancing, I think we both know that I have you beat in that category.” He teased.

 I laughed at that. “Yeah, that’s totally true.” I mumbled playfully. “Anywho, tell me about Berkeley- how is it there?”

“Berkeley is good.” Brendon nodded. “My roommate was kinda weird, though.”

I giggled. “Mine too.”

“No, I’m not talking Holly weird. I’m talking an unhealthy obsession with Taylor Swift, calling his mom every night to say goodnight, and singing lullabies to his fish. Libby, he sang to his fish.”

That made me laugh- and I mean really laugh. I laughed so hard that my stomach started to clench with cramps, telling me to stop laughing, so I took a few deep breaths and calmed myself down before my spleen ruptured or something. “What was the guy’s name?”

“Terrance, and if I remember correctly, his fishes name was Taylor. He named his fish after a country singer whose fan base is fifteen year old girls.”

“Well, that’s not such a bad name.” I defended. “He can’t be too bad, I mean Taylor Swift is a great singer.”

“Yeah right, I have Baa Baa Black Sheep burned into my skull thanks to Terrance and his damn fish.” Brendon chuckled.