"How interesting," Nezu says, his beady eyes peering at me as he folds his hands together. "I am curious as to how you know of this group when a hero agency only recently became aware of them."

I keep my mouth closed. I know that I'll have to tell them about my spy cats by the end of this, but there's still that small bit of hope that I'll somehow avoid that. It's completely ridiculous, of course, but sometimes so is hope.

Principal Nezu hums at my silence before thankfully moving on. "Well, putting that aside for the moment: why do you desire a raid upon them? I hope you realize that organizing such an endeavor is no simple task. And from what little is known so far, the cost in both money and manpower is not currently worth such an undertaking."

It always comes down to money... Though I can't really blame them this time. Not even the Cult thinks of the yakuza as a threat in any capacity, really. They haven't been in power since the rise of All Might, being reduced to petty thugs claiming to be honorable. But I've already seen that lie for what it is...

"They're experimenting on a kitten named Eri." A shudder goes down my spine. "Though it's mrow like torture."

"Oh?" Nezu leans forwards. "Again, I'll need to ask as to how you know this. As I've already stated, they've only recently come to the heroes' attention. In fact, you seem to have more information than us." He takes another sip of tea before leaning back. "Considering we've yet to even obtain the name, something which you have so gratefully provided, it's quite odd how much you know of them."

"We're going to need an explanation. No hiding anything, Problem Cat." Mr. Aizawa's words seem to raise the tension in the room by several notches. It encompasses the room as the two of them wait on my words, and eventually I sigh.

"Spy cats."

All I get in response is confused silence, so I summon an active spy cat that perches itself on Principal Nezu's desk. I ignore how Mr. Aizawa tensed when it first started to form. I'm not dumb enough to try attacking anyone here. Especially since I do want to be a legal hero for my future career.

I turn around, closing my eyes. "Write something down and show it to the cat, nya. I'll dispel it and tell you what you scratched out."

"How intriguing." My ears twitch at the sound of his pen scratching at paper, and after he tells me it's done, I dispel the cat.

As the brief moments of its existence fill my mind, my entire body tenses. My ears go rigid, my tail falls still from the agitated lashing it's been doing since I learned of what's happening. My mind is focused on the single sentence Principal Nezu wrote down on the piece of paper.

We know of your connection to the Cult of Nya.

If before the tension was stifling, now it's positively suffocating as a thousand thoughts rampage through my mind. How do they know? The interrogation? Why didn't they do anything then? Do they want to bring down the entire Cult, or just the ones involved in crimes? Am I a hostage? But then why did they let me go out with Purrny? But Nyamuri was watching me... Were they hoping for proof? Are they actually acting off of supposition right now? Oh nya, is me staying silent confirming to them that I'm in charge even if I'm not really!? Nya-it nya-it nya-it!

My panic continues to build, plans being made and discarded one right after the other. If Mr. Aizawa wasn't here, I'd have a good chance of getting away. But without being able to summon cats to overwhelm him, and with him probably being ready to take me down the moment I make a move, the odds aren't in my favor.

Luckily, before I can make some desperate attempt at escaping UA Nezu speaks and I calm down slightly. Only to tense again as he continues.

"We have no intention of arresting you at this time. However, we will need you to give us certain information. You will be allowed to refuse, but should we believe you to be lying at any point we will request Detective Tsukauchi's presence and work with him to prepare a series of questions that will reveal everything. Rather than what he was allowed to ask at the previous questioning."

So they knew even before then... Nya.

I sigh, the fight going out of me, acutely aware of Mr. Aizawa's judging eyes glaring at me. So I avoid looking in his direction. "Fine, but I want the hunt to occur within three days. Otherwise you won't get a single meow out of me!" I glare at him, daring him to argue.

But he doesn't, simply nodding. "Very well. I will make the preparations. But for now, questions!" He claps his paws with a happy smile and I hold back the urge to snarl. My connection with the Cult was never meant to be revealed, but even if it was they were just supposed to be known as a charity organization dedicated to helping children and those with mutations.

The USJ is the problem...

If they'd never joined the League of Villains there, they wouldn't have become associated with villains. I wouldn't have been 'kidnapped', and placed in that first interrogation.

But I never would have gotten the chance to attack All Might and injure him. Never would have met someone who shares the same desire, even if our overall goals are different. I can at least thank my lucky claws that they aren't aware of how I agreed to work with them. That's something, at least.