five

Y/n's pov-

"Your contract said 'Lim'. How come you told me your last name is Kim?" Haerin questioned me. The other students came back inside from their little adventure.

"I hate using my dad's last name." I answered her question. She made an 'ohh' face. "Hi Haerin, do you want to be partners for the next assignment?" A male student went up to her.

He's tall, his uniform was nice and clean, and he's quite good looking.

"Oh umm.. who are you?" He asked me. "Kim Y/n, this is my first day here." I answered him.

He brushed his hand off on his shirt, and took it out for me to shake. "Hi, my name is Yoo Junwon." I took his hand and shook it.

"Soooo what's your answer Haerin-ah?" He looked at her and smiled softly. "My answer is no. I have a partner already." She answered him coldly.

His smile slowly dropped and turned around to walk away. "Who's your partner?" I asked Haerin.

She pointed at me and smiled. "I've been partners with that kid for quite awhile now. I'm sick of seeing him everyday."

I nodded and felt someone tapped onto my shoulder. "Do you have a partner?" I turned around and saw Chaewon.

"Oh yeah, I do have a partner. Why?" "Just making sure, it's your first day here anyway." She smiled and walked back to her table.

When I turned back around to face Haerin, her mouth was opened. She had a shocked look on her face.

"You know Kim Chaewon?" Haerin asked in shock. I nodded my head. The teacher came back inside of the classroom and at the front of the room.

He counted every student in the room with his finger. "Alright let's start, Haerin-ssi can you please give me the form."

Haerin stood up and walked to the teacher to give him a sheet of paper.

He stared at it as Haerin walks back to her seat. "Y/n, welcome to my class. Everyone get a partner if you haven't for our first ever community assignment."

All of us clapped and wooed. "This mission is for you guys to build something important and useful for the community around us. As you know, we just went outside to 'look' around.

So if you were thinking about what to build while you were out there, you're doing great.
If you didn't, I can't really help you on this one. Good luck! And it's also due in a week!"

A week?! I don't want to stay here for 7 days! I didn't even realize that I was zoning out, Haerin waved her hands in front of me to get my attention.

I turned to her and gave her a confused look. "I already have an idea and started on it earlier than other people. You can just help me finish it up." She said and gave me a slight smile.

I said 'ok' to her and we stood up to walk to the storage room, where I'm assuming she put her build.

"Sooo whats with your music box?" I asked her as we walk. "It's... for my younger sister. It's a gift." She answered, her tone sound sad for some reason.

I didn't want to invade her privacy so I didn't ask anymore questions.

We entered the room and went straight towards a bench that was connected to a table.

Haerin went to the right side and went to the left. "On the count of 3 we lift it up and you follow my lead, ok?" I nodded and she started counting from 1 and then to 3.

We lifted the wooden table/bench and Haerin started walking backwards, leading the way.

It wasn't heavy, you just needed two people to carry it. We kept on walking but we pasted the classroom and went to a different hallway.

"I thought the classroom was this way?" I pointed back at the classroom. "We're going to a storage room that the teacher gave me permission to use." She walked to the end of the hall and entered the storage room.

Gladly, the bench was able to fit through the door. "What's your relationship with Chaewon sunbaenim?" Haerin asked out of the blue.

"Oh, well umm..."

"she's... my...."