𝖬𝖮𝖵𝖨𝖭𝖦 𝖲𝖧𝖠𝖣𝖮𝖶𝖲 - 𝖯𝖱𝖮𝖫𝖮𝖴𝖦𝖤

𝖢𝖧𝖤𝖱𝖱𝖸 𝖧𝖠𝖱𝖴𝖪𝖠
𝖴𝖫𝖳𝖨𝖬𝖠𝖳𝖤 𝖬𝖠𝖭𝖦𝖠𝖪𝖠

°.✩┈┈┈┈∘*┈┈୨♡୧┈┈*∘┈┈┈┈✩.°

*Click*

*Click*

My shiny black Mary Jane's clicked against the wet pavement as I quickly walked home, the rain pouring in heavy amounts. I didn't mind, though. I've loved the rain for as long as I can remember. It's always made me feel safe and calm. I was, however, in a hurry to get home, as much as I enjoyed standing under the weeping sky.

It was dark out, dark and quiet. That's when dangerous people tend to come out, picking out victims and forcing them to play into their twisted sadistic games. I certainly didn't want to risk it.

But that wasn't the only reason I was in a hurry.

I could feel something, no, someone behind me. Watching. Following. Getting closer. I've always been a timid, paranoid girl, but something within me was screaming that this was not my mind playing tricks on me. As much as I knew it was probably right, I tried to ignore the feeling and play it off as my overactive imagination taking control. I mean, what kind of mangaka would I be if I didn't have one?

After all, having to confront the realisation you are in very real danger is much more terrifying than the situation itself.

I tried to hum to myself, to help put my mind at easy but to no avail. In fact, it made it a little worse. Hearing my gentle hums echo through the empty park I walked in should not have been as eerie as it was. The second I ceased my humming, however, another noise caught my attention.

*SNAP*

*STOMP*

*STOMP*

The sound of a branch snapping clean in half. The sound of a branch snapping under the pressure of someone's foot. That's when I knew I needed to get out of there. And fast.

I let out a small whimper of fear and began to run as fast as I could, not daring to stop. No matter how tired my legs got, my adrenaline forced me to keep moving. I heard the footsteps that followed me pick up the pace too, until I realised whoever was after me was chasing after me, very quickly at that.

I turned my head for a split second as I sprited, wanting to at least catch a glimpse of who was chasing me. I couldn't make out what they looked like other than that they were a tall, menacing shadow. However, as my head was turned, even for that split second, I slipped on a pile of wet leaves.

That's when I fell.

I hit the ground, but my arms kept me from falling on my face. Tears cascaded down my face, hyperventilating from exhaustion and the terror I felt upon realizing that the shadowy figure was still running after me.

I pushed myself up, trying to run again, but something had prevented me from doing so. I let out a loud sob when I remembered what it could be.

I tried to let out a scream, but I suppose the figure had anticipated that, putting a cloth over my mouth and holding the back of my head so that I couldn't move away from it.

I began to feel drowsy as he took off the cloth, my knees weakening, and my eyelids beginning to droop. They slung me over their shoulder, like light baggage, and made their way towards a vehicle.

"A.. Limo..?" I whispered to myself, slurring my words a little.

Once they had opened the door, they slung me in quickly, throwing me in as if I were worthless trash. They then went around the the back of the limousine, grabbing a few items before coming back and tying my hands together and putting a cloth gag in my mouth. It's not like I could have fought back, I was as mobile as a ragdoll.

As the car started and began to drive off, I began to lose consciousness, head spinning, and my tears still spilling. As the world began to fade, I couldn't help but wonder if I could have escaped my fate, if only I had listened to that feeling...

Little did I know, however, that very soon, I was fated to partake in much worse. And I was not at all alone in my experience.