⁷⁴. 𝐼𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𝐾𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑙𝑒𝑑𝑔𝑒

Zacznij od początku

He gestured to Steve with his sunglasses, who frowned at the subtle call out from him.

"Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of a thing. . .so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that. Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether."

"My grandfather, many years ago, had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves." He wiggled his fingers for effect. "Ooh. Scary beings."

"So, Jane, actually. . .Oh, there she is." he became distracted by her picture, but then snapped out of it. "Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine. You know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time and then the Aether stuck itself inside her and she became very, very sick. And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from, and we had to try and fix her."

"We were dating at the time, you see, and I got to introduce her to my mother. . .who's dead and, um. . .Oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so. . ."

Bruce made a gesture with hand over his throat, signaling Thor to stop talking or for someone to stop him.

"Nothing lasts forever. The only thing that. . ."

Tony took the hint and stepped forward, cutting him off. "Why don't you come sit down?"

"I'm not done yet." He pushed Tony off him.

Clint and Rhodey exchanged another look between themselves in disbelief. Scott seemed to be the only one who was truly fascinated with Thor's storytelling, as if he was familiar with it.

"The only thing that is permanent in life is impermanence."

Tony clapped to conclude his part of the session. "Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?"

"No. I'd like a Bloody Mary."

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

After that, they moved onto the Power Stone. Rocket was the one who had the most experience and knew more about this particular stone, so he took charge. He started explaining his part while everyone else dug into their respective food they had ordered from a small Chinese restaurant, gathered around the table.

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag."

"Is that a person?" Bruce spoke with a mouthful of ice cream:

"No, Morag's a planet," Rocket corrected him. "Quill was a person."

"Like a planet?" Scott questioned in shock, eating his box of noodles. "Like in outer space?"

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything," Rocket began scratching Scott's head mockingly. "Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space."

(Y/N) ate peacefully watching the whole exchange, but her peace was suddenly disturbed when she felt a wave of nausea wash over her. She rapidly stood up from her chair, alarming almost everyone by her sudden movements. Tony frowned at her state and almost stood up to follow after her when Natasha won over him. She was the one sitting right next to (Y/N), and noticed the indifferent look behind her eyes.

(Y/N) ran to the nearest bathroom in the compound, almost not making it in time before she doubled over and spilled her food over the toilet. A few tears fell down her cheeks out of embarrassment and the headaches, knelt down in the cold tiles of the bathroom.