⁶⁵. 𝐹𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑉𝑎𝑙𝑢𝑒𝑠

Comincia dall'inizio

Tony opened the door for Doctor Nielson to step inside, muttering a quick greeting before Tony guided him through the house over to the living room. The sound of Doctor Nielson's footsteps was loud enough for the entire house to hear, and (Y/N) stood up from her comfortable position on the couch to welcome him with an extended hand.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ms."

"Pleasure's all mine, Doctor," (Y/N) gave him a polite smile, moving back to sit on the couch once again.

"So, shall we take a look?"

(Y/N) nodded in approval and Tony sat beside her on the couch, quickly reaching out to grab her hand. He didn't want to admit out loud that he was nervous, but once he felt (Y/N) tracing patterns on his hand, they all eased down. The doctor pulled the stethoscope from his bag before putting it to use, monitoring the heartbeat of the baby to check if it was healthy or not.

"Hmm," he hummed under his breath. Every time he did so, it added more nerves to the couple. "Hmm."

"Yep!" he jumped enthusiastically. "Definitely pregnant."

(Y/N) chuckled nervously, still holding onto Tony's hand. "Well, we figured as much."

"It's just kinda taken us by surprise. It's just kinda suddenly. I mean, practically overnight," Tony hadn't realized he had fallen into a nervous rant until he felt (Y/N) grip on his leg. She flashed him a smile that told him to stop talking. "I mean. . .How did this happen?"

"You see, when a man and a woman love each other very much — "

(Y/N) and Tony exchanged a look that practically said 'who does he think he's talking to?'. She decided to cut him off before he said anything else, clasping her hands together with a nervous smile.

"We're just tickled pink," she stood up from the couch and Tony followed after her, placing a hand on her back to steady her. "Or blue."

"You're about four months now," Doctor Nielson said, wanting to confirm if it's true. "Is that right?"

(Y/N) nodded her head as if to indicate a 'yes', meanwhile Tony behind her was doing the opposite. Once she turned around to see if they were in the sync, Tony immediately regretted his actions and copied her movements with hands on his hips.

"I thought as much."

"We let the little ladies keep tabs on their growing babies with fruit," he explained, which made the couple frown in confusion. "At four months, the fetus is about as big as a pear. At five months, a papaya. Six, grapefruit. Seven, pineapple. Eight, honeydew."

"Hypothetically speaking, what size fruit would it be at say, hmm, 12 hours?"

Doctor Nielson was about to answer the question until he paused. "Uh, pardon? 12 hours?"

"I think this line of questioning is fruitless," (Y/N) decided to cut the conversation short before it could escalate much further.

"Well, hypothetically speaking, should we be concerned?"

Doctor Nielson placed a hand on Tony's shoulder before patting him in the back. "Hypothetically speaking, every new father-to-be gets nervous. Even genius men like you, Mr. Stark."