Chapter 4: Carl

( chappie 4!)

Carl was excited to meet  Oralie at Atlantis when he suddenly received a call from his younger sister, Calla. Her scream reverberated through the phone, causing Carl to wince. He reluctantly got up from his seat and made his way to Calla's room, wondering what could be so urgent.

Upon entering her room, Carl asked her impatiently, "What do you want?" Calla's face was twisted in frustration as she asked him, "Where is my eyeshadow?" Carl was taken aback by the suddenness of the question and replied, "How am I supposed to know?" Calla accused him, "Well, you are the only one who would take it!" 

Feeling irritated, Carl suggested that she look for it in their mom's room. He then left her room, slamming the door behind him. As he walked away, he couldn't help but wonder how his sister and Everlie, could be friends when they were so different from one another!

Dex, Carl's father, had promised to take him to Atlantis, and he kept his word. They arrived at the beautiful city, and Dex told Carl that he would be going to his shop, and Carl was to meet him there once Oralie left. Dex then ran off to his shop. Carl set out to find Oralie and eventually found her at the Unity Fountain with Kenric. As they approached, Oralie greeted Carl with a warm smile and said, "Oh, hi Carl!" Carl smiled back and replied, "Hi Oralie!" Kenric greeted them both and waved at some people nearby. As they got closer, Carl realized it was Dawn and Niko. "Hey, Kennie!" Dawn said, while Niko simply replied, "Hi." Kenric smiled and said, "Hey Dawnny, hi Neeks!" Niko glared at him and Kenric chuckled, "Jeez Neeks, I'm only joking!" The trio walked away, and Carl turned to Oralie and said, "So, want to get some ice cream?" Oralie's face lit up, and she replied, "Yes!" They both ran off towards Linh's ice cream shop.

Once they arrived, they were greeted by Linh, who exclaimed, "Oh, hello Oralie and Carl!" Linh was the owner of the ice cream shop, and she knew both Carl and Oralie well. "Hi Mrs. Song!" they both greeted her. Linh asked them, "What can I get you today?" Marella, Linh's wife also came out from the back and smiled when she saw them. "Hey kiddos!" she said. "Hi, Mrs. Song!" Carl and Oralie replied in unison. They both laughed, and Oralie said, "Can I have the double chocolate chunk cookie flavour, please?" Linh replied with a smile, "Of course! Coming right up!" Carl was excited to try a new flavour, so he said, "Oh! I'll have the mint and mallowmelt, please!" Linh smiled and said, "Great choice, Carl! I think you'll love it!" She then went to get their ice creams, and Carl and Oralie found a table to sit at and enjoy their treats.

Carl and Oralie explored the magnificent Atlantis for the rest of the day until the sun began to set.