Her voice, the happiness, the warmth in it gives him a weird comfort. So much so that when they cross the long abandoned white church, the place that made his life so miserable, he doesn't even notice it. Slowly his breathing becomes even as he keeps his eyes fixed on her. She is still talking, must be something good because the smile is never leaving her face. He feels peaceful thinking that she doesn't remember anything from a life they lived and left ages ago. She doesn't have to go through the pain, the trauma. She is safe.

The car stops in the middle of a road surrounded by dense lines of  pine trees.

"Where are we?" His hoarse voice asks.

"You'll see." She answers getting  out of the car. She opens the back door and brings out the package she brought from flora. She then puts on her bagpack. Locking the car she gestures him to follow her and like an obedient kid he does.

Pihu keeps glancing back at him at every given opportunity. His unruly hair is pulled back in a man bun, his stubbled face and crooked nose gives a weird unfriendly appearance. What always draws her attention is his intense grey eyes. They are slightly red. He is not sleeping properly. The dark circles around them say enough. His conceited mind is always running at the speed of light. Just like right now. His mind is playing with him again, he is uncertain, nervous but he is also fighting it. Pihu looks forward and smiles to herself.

There is this weird urge inside her that is bothering her for the last few days. An urge to protect, an urge to keep this man safe. She doesn't know why and she doesn't want to know why. She has always known, from deep within, that she could do anything for him.

They finally reach a clearing and Vulcan's eyes widen at the view infront of him. A foggy lake, right at the centre of the dense wood. It's extremely beautiful and chillingly eerie.

His eyebrows furrow in concern

"You come here all alone?" He asks and a chill runs through his body. It felt like he has asked this question before.

He gets no response though, so turns around and his heart starts somersaulting. Wearing the white high neck jumper on the denim blue jeans, she sits on a lemon yellow blanket. Her obsidian eyes rise up and meet his grey ones and her mouth breaks into a smile showing her beautiful overlapping upper canines, leading to form the dimples on her cheeks for the first time as well. He has seen this smile many a times in his dreams that turn into nightmares.

 He has seen this smile many a times in his dreams that turn into nightmares

And his heart stops, why does it feel like he has gone through this before. This is weird. What is happening to him? He was about to feel overwhelmed when her voice saves her once again.

"Do you like the surprise? And yes I love coming here all alone." She says.
"Now come here. I have brought your favorites from Flora." She urges.
Like a robot he walks towards her and keeps standing.

"Manik.. hey. Is everything okay?" He hears her saying but as if in a trance a picture surfaces infront him. The long haired girl looking back at him with her heart stopping smile. He can hear her laughing.

"Yes. Isn't this place beautiful, Ridhu da?" Mrinal asks.

"Yes it is." He feels himself answering back.

"Manik.." He hears her voice once again, as if from far away and then something pokes at his hand, finally bringing him out of his trance. He looks at Pihu in surprise.

"What's happening? Do you want to go back? We can come back some other time." Pihu asks.

"No. I want to be here, with you." He answers with certainty. Pihu smiles back at him and they finally settle down.

¤¤¤¤¤

Meatball Sandwich, chicken cheese croissant, blueberry cheesecake and cinnamon stick

She knows it all. She knows his favorites. How?
He feels weird. Happy, confused and weirdly.... loved.

She pours coffee in a small cup from her flask, that apparantly she has been carrying inside her bagpack. He stares at her as she keeps humming a tune while seeping the coffee. The comfortable sunrays falling on her face and hair, making her look ethereal.

"Drink it. It'll get cold." She says looking at him and he does.
"Leo told me you have some photoshoots to complete that demands a quite and beautiful place. So I chose this. A very picturesque place, in my opinion. Do you think it will help your photoshoot?" She asks.

"Leo knows I can't." He answers simply. Pihu immediately furrows her eyebrows.

"And why can't you? You can tell me. We can find you a solution." She suggests with genuine concern. He keeps staring at her face with those intense pair of eyes.

"My mind is all messed up." He mumbles.
"I failing to find the subject, I am failing to focus. " He utters looking into her eyes. Pihu looks back at him, seemingly deep in thought.

"That sounds serious." She says biting on her lower lip and his eyes immediately move there.
"We will take back the camera and the other items too. I feel so bad for Poor Leo, worked so hard to bring them down." She says with a fake sad face.

"Y-you brought my equipments?" He looks at her, taken aback.

"Yes I did. Sorry for doing it without your permission but trust me I touched nothing. All handled professionally by Leo." She says sheepishly to which his lips curve upwards forming a small smile.

"I'll deal with Leo." He says, still smiling.

"Hey no! He is innocent. I blackmailed him." Pihu utters.

"You did what?" Vulcan asks, raising his eyebrows, his smile widening.

"Fine. It was extremely childish of me but what am I supposed to do? I want to see you taking pictures. Like the old days." She says. His face immediately darkens.

"The old days are gone, Pihu. I don't wish to meet those memories again." He says, looking ahead. To this Pihu looks at him then picking up a wild flower she touches his fingers. His breath hitches.

"Then take pictures with a new purpose, a new agenda. How about a new subject? I will help you find it." Pihu offers excitedly. He looks back at her. For some unknown reasons his eyes sparkle with a new found motif . One side of his lips slowly move upwards forming a smirk as he looks at her intently. Her eyes meet his making her feel things she has never ever experienced before.

"Make it easy for me then." He utters keeping his eyes glued to hers.

"Be my subject." He adds.

_________________________________________

If you like my story feel free to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

Love, Puja. 😊