At that point he felt nothing but the utmost need for reaching where his destiny was pulling him towards.

Finally his legs stopped infront of what seemed to be the last room of this corridor. The room that was burnt to ashes. He stepped inside. The pain that was bearable a few seconds ago crossed every limit. An ache kept hammering his heart from the inside, made him insane as tears trailed down his cheeks. His whole body went numb and his knees gave up. He failed to stand anymore and closing his eyes kneeled down, then and there.

The very moment he closed his eyes a stream of familiar glimpses occupied his mind. The room changed from burnt and black to bright yellow. He kept seeing things, a bed beside the window, some comfortable pillows, a huge bookshelf that has a lots of Bengali and English books, a lantern, a kitchen, a stove on the floor, a middle aged woman cooking something on it, she was holding a hand fan made of a tree leaf. She turned her face directly towards him and smiled, her hair was tied in a loose low bun, there was sindur on her forehead, she was wearing a white saree with red border on it and hung a shawl from her right shoulder. His heart ached for no reasons, even in his subconscious he extended his hand to touch her but failed.

The scene immediately changed to a small girl, in an open field, wearing a pink saree, with a full sleeve white blouse. Her two tiny braids were jumping as she kept jumping and clapping at something, while laughing innocently. And then his eyes fell on the person standing infront of the small girl. He could see her from behind as she tried hard to get some fruits from the tree.

Her curly hair bounced every time she attempted to jump, her saffron saree's end was held open by the small girl, probably for catching the fruits.

And then she turned. Her amused husky eyes looked at the small girl mischievously. He looked at the small kid and her grey eyes. They resembled his eyes. His stare remained fixed on her tiny frame and the same pain became suffocating to a level that he failed to breathe.

Just when he wanted this to end, the pain to end, just when he hoped that everything was done, the scene snapped to someone else.

A girl, in specific. A girl with long straight hair, running through the pine trees. She was wearing a maroon saree with white stripes in it and a woolen white blouse underneath. He ran behind her to see her face, as if his life depended on her. The closer he ran the more the pain increased. It was a weird feeling, a feeling of home, a feeling of safety, a feeling of peace that he felt around her, as well as this deep sorrow.

He tried to see her face but everytime he attempted the scenes snapped back to a room, his room. A drawer, a comb, some pennies, some books and a dense pine forest.

The pain surpassed all the limits and his breathing hitched. When his grey teary eyes snapped open again, he found  himself fallen face first on the ground.

¤¤¤¤¤

It has been more than three years to that incident. Vulcan's life has taken a one eighty degree turn since that day. He deliberately teared himself out of everything until the fateful day he saw her.

Mrinal.

The girl he has been searching for ages, for centuries. The girl who has always been there and he never understood, never recognized her. And now that he has found her he craves to touch her, he craves to feel her warmth.

The car takes a steep left turn, a "known road" for her she said but unfortunately a known road for him too. Vulcun snaps his head towards the window. His grey eyes tear up, his breathing becomes heavy, his hands start trembling.

Where is she taking him? He thinks to himself. The more the car moves the more his heart clenches from inside. That's when he hears her voice.

"The place I am taking you to is one of my favourites. I ac..accidentally discovered this place during my school days. Since then, I love coming here. Trust me you'll like it too." She keeps saying with a smile all along.