Chapter 29 - In motion

Start from the beginning

" Girl what the fuck is you wearing?" Levon laughed at her.

" What? They not gon catch me slipping." She put her mask on and walked out. Levon and I busted out laughing.

————

We sat in the car trying to connect our phones to the mic but it wasn't letting us at first until we moved up closer and was able to get in reach.

The sound had a lot of static noise but we could still make out the words. We each put on headphones so we could our person.

As I listened in, Taylin was saying something about money of like 20 million dollars. Then the topic switch and she was talking to someone about a murder. So much was being said at once so I just kept writing down what I was hearing so I could remember. This one little detail she said threw me off guard. She said and I quote: "Yeah... No, Nilajah will never find out."

I disconnected and sat there looking confused. Eventually Dejah and Levon joined me.

" Okay was that conversation weird or was it just me?" Dejah asked.

We started trying to connect the dots to see who was talking to who. We came up with the theory that they were all talking to each other at first because we all heard the same conversation about the money and a murder then they went off was talking to other people.  I couldn't figure out who Taylin was talking to about me though.

Levon said he heard Elijah taking to a girl but he couldn't make out what was said. Immediately I thought of Jakyla.

Dejah said after the conversation with everyone, Kayson doesn't say much after. Although she did hear a lot of movement and heavy breathing. As if he was running or something.

None of it quite made sense.

" Wait, Look over there." Dejah pointed the side door where we saw Jakyla standing there on the phone. She kept looking over her shoulder as if she was seeing if anyone was listening. Eventually, Elijah came out behind her. They stood there talking for a while and Elijah was smiling extra hard.

Levon had stopped watching and began filing his nails. " Yeah, I'm over him."

" Oh shit shit shit!" I yelled. I noticed Jakyla staring extra hard at the car and started suspiciously walking towards us along with Elijah.  " We gotta go. NOW!" Luckily the windows are tinted but they were hurrying to check out the car that was parked out back.

Dejah rushed to start the car.
"FUCK!" She yelled. She kept accidentally dropping the keys in such a rush. But they were steadily moving towards us.

" BITCH C'MON!!" Levon yelled.

She picked them up and started the car rushing to drive off. Our adrenaline was pumping as we damn there almost got caught.

" Oh shit! Dejah watch out!" Levon yelled at he looked out the window. Jakyla and pulled out her gun and was shooting from a distance making us swerve. " Hurry! They running back into the house!"

" They CANNOT follow us!" I exclaimed.

Dejah sped up until we were eventually out the area. We sat back in relief that we had got away.

" We done almost got ourselves into some shit." Levon laughed making us join in.

" Bitch you like the white girls in the scary movies tripping and shit. Yo ass kept dropping the keys like four times.

" Y'all let the clumsy one be the get away driver... that's y'all fault.

*𝗥𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗥𝗶𝗻𝗴*
We all slightly jumped at the sound.

"Shit y'all. It's Taylin." I said as I picked up my phone.  I was still mad at the fact that she was still keeping shit from me.

" Don't answer." Levon said.

" But if she don't Taylin gon find that weird." Dejah responded.

" Everyone just shush!" I answered the phone.  " Hello?"

" Where are you at?"  Taylin asked. "Are you in the car?"

" Why?"

She gave out a big sigh at my stubbornness. " Look Imma be at the office later than usual. Jakyla said she saw a car parked outside and it wasn't one of ours so-"

"That's fine. Imma be at my house anyways." I cut her off.

"Mmcht. What's yo problem?" Taylin asked.

"Nun."

"So why is you being like that? And where is you going?"

"Like what?"

"You gon keep skipping my other questions. That's cool. I'll just look at your location."

"It's off."

"Like that made a difference the last time."

" Whatever. Is that all?"

"Nilajah please don't fucking play with me."

" I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." I hung up.

" Ouuu baby you playing with yo life." Dejah looked stressed.

I shrugged. " She good."

Dejah looked down at her apple watch then back at the road. " Um why did Kayson just text me ' Wya?'"  She looked confused.

Levon phone dinged. " Anddd Elijah just asked me what I was doing. I'm finna block him."

" Y'all think they know it was us?" I asked.

" I don't know and I honestly don't care if they do. They need to stop hiding shit from us then maybe we could actually trust them." Levon rolled his eyes. " Now can we go get pizza? This spy shit not for me."

We shrugged it off and went to go get food.

————

𝗔/𝗡
𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗽𝗽𝗽. 𝗬𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺? 𝗔𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗱𝗼 𝘆𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗮 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗝𝗮𝗸𝘆𝗹𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲? 𝗠𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗶𝗰𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗞𝗮𝘆𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗘𝗹𝗶𝗷𝗮𝗵 𝗶𝗻 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗮 𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿? 𝗢𝗥 𝗜 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗴𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘃? 𝗟𝗺𝗸 𝗽𝗹𝘀𝘀𝘀 🫶🏽