Chapter 3

I look beside me, seeing Nari smiling big. I guess it's not just me who wants to battle as soon as possible.

All of us stand in support of Nari, who is already standing face-to-face with Halo-nim inside the fight zone.

Daniel spun the bottle, and it pointed to Halo-nim, signaling that she's going to attack first, then Nari.

Halo's achievements and reactions from other dancers are being played for the show.

"You guys ready? Fight," said Daniel, making everyone focus on the battle that is going to commence.

DJ SOM played an old-school hip-hop song, making Halo-nim bop her head. Gauging what she's going to do when she starts hitting the beat and moving as if she is one with the song.

She's really good—like, hella good—but I know that Nari will bring a fight. 40 seconds seems like a long time to pass. I see Nari preparing herself to battle when the countdown for Halo-nim starts.

The screams, gasps, and cheers are making the dancers more excited about what is going to happen next.

"Three, two, one. Switch!"

Halo-nim finishes her routine cleanly, giving the stage to Nari.

"Nari, Nyx!"

Nari's achievements and projects are being shown. Dancers of different crews react to the competition where she won and how Nari is really a sought-after dancer in competitions.

"Nari and Y/N have been in the same crew together for 15 years, all in all, right? And that shows their experience with competitions."

"If I'm going to be honest, there are 5 dancers that I don't want to have a battle with, and two of those are Nari and Y/N. That says how good and amazing they are with their work."

I observe Nari. How she listens to the song that is being played.

How she's vibing with the rhythm and beat. It is not news that Nari and I are from DisUs (This is Us/Diss Us), a close-knit crew of old hip hop/hip hop crew that are known from Asan-si, and seeing both battle in similar styles that only Wolf'lo and Nyx have the background to (old hip hop) in the show makes others cheer loudly.

But as the song progresses, it is totally different from what the others had expected.

(start up to 1:12. Imagine that The D Soraki's routine was fit for the time limit of SWF2 for battles. I'm a big fan of him and to think that he's the same age as me was fheuwisjd -skl)

But Nari played it really well. Just from the very first beat drop, everyone is screaming, even the judges. I smile seeing that, and just from that, she's going to win this battle. She uses the stage really well. Incorporating her moves while walking around the stage, hitting every beat drop, made me hype her up more behind her.

Everyone was making noise, and I can see that the Wolf'lo members are acknowledging her routine, even Halo-nim herself.

This battle is really a good one and will become memorable, but for now, Nyx will take their first winner's chip against Wolf'lo.

"Three, two, one. Battle's over," said Daniel, still hyped because of the said battle.

And I can say that everyone is. That battle was so amazing that I think I need to pay just to watch it.