Chapter 14: Her Desire

"They claim they'll attack," Ramses had no interest in revealing her own personal loathing of castle Cardamon yet it couldn't be helped. "I wouldn't put it past them to use a dark magic to force you into handing Chestme over to them." She glanced out a crystal window hidden behind velvet curtains. "So, interested or not you must stand your ground and not falter to the queen and her representative. We must make a stand here in the capital city."

Nimmod waved an elongated hand in a pacifying gesture. "Patience, my advisor. We will make a stand in the city. It's not a reflection on you. I would be foolish not to test Cardamon's power before rallying my Chestmien lizard knights, understand?"

Ramses tried to keep her inner turmoil hidden from view. If Nimmod suspected Valaria resided inside her, he would do everything he could to bring her out. Ramses wanted her out, yet if the temptress emerged, she could easily turn on Nimmod and slay him without a second thought. She had to find a way to contain the being and protect him, no matter the consequences."...and how do you plan on stopping them?" She inquired of the Glenoid, though it was not her own melodious voice that spoke. Ramses's lips moved but the words formed had been Valaria's. 'Just don't notice! Don't notice! Don't notice!' She thought as her heart raced. 

Nimmod simply grinned and fit several interlocking curved pieces of crystal together at odd angles. He spun them and stacked the objects into a triangular prism as one might with a challenging jigsaw. After a moment, a ray projected from the prism's uppermost tip, concentrating midair past Ramses' head and out the crystal window. It radiated and curled away to meet the sun before vanishing. Nimmod neatly excised the lock on the pyramid prism puzzle with one flick of his finger. As he did, all the pieces fell. He stood up quick, letting the prism pieces fall beside him. Harsh torches flickered, illuminating a living space even bigger and taller than the one Ramses had lived in prior. Nimmod strode to her; placed a fervent kiss on her full, sweet lips as best he could with his long snout. 'That was a bad idea on his part.' she thought, embracing him.

TWO MINDS!!! ONE HEART!!! Ramses' heart raced while Valaria's mind burned with a primal desire

TWO MINDS!!! ONE HEART!!! Ramses' heart raced while Valaria's mind burned with a primal desire. The fire inside Valaria propelled Ramses forward as she fought against the urge to take him in her arms. Nimmod pushed Ramses away, gazing into her violet eyes - NO! NOT VIOLET! BLUE! So deep like the blue of the petals of a forget-me-not. He stepped back, finding himself standing firm against a wall behind him, entranced. He not only felt guilt, now. Nimmod felt fear.

Ramses strutted forward to him, a vision of Westerian perfection. Nimmod knew what would transpire: Ramses, the ruby-haired beauty would mate with him and the once elegant Westerian would die, her body ultimately poisoned. A decision Nimmod wouldn't chance.

She reached out and murmured in a voice so sweet, "My lord, I do not care if my life ends today or some other day as long as I am in your powerful embrace." A voice that was like honey but as raspy as a bee. Ramses tried to fight Valaria's words and failed. Nimmod's icy blood warmed and he seized her in a fierce hold, feeling her body pressed against his own, one final embrace before...