Chapter 16.5, Breadcrumbs

Start from the beginning

I swam up, trying to break surface when I once again heard his voice calling for me. "Silversfield~ it's time to arrive..." I didn't bother looking down as I kept swimming up. I reached my hand out and another hand grabbed mine and pulled me out. I woke up to the bright light of the morning sun drowning my vision. I sat up and shivered in disgust. "I hate the way that man's voice makes me feel..." I thought to myself, hanging my legs off the bed. I headed for the closet and changed into something different. Heading out, Ciel caught my eye. "Ah, and you're finally awake." He remarked with a smirk, did I oversleep or something? I rubbed my eye, "Going somewhere?" I asked, now noticing his outerwear attire. "Indeed. I'm going to need you to look after the manor whilst I'm gone, my apologies but this is a private matter." Ciel had genuine distress in his face. "Might I ask what this matter you're attending to is about?" I pushed further, curiosity peaking my voice. Ciel shook his head, "Nothing important, to you at least." Sebastian walked inside "The carriage is ready for you young master." He bowed in respect to Ciel. "Alright.. Y/N." He turned to me. "Hm?" I tilted my head slightly in intrigue. 

"Make sure the servants don't burn down the manor whilst Sebastian and I are gone." He fixed his tophat, I nodded "Aye aye, sir." I giggled and he rolled his eyes playfully as he walked out the door. I had the manor to myself for the day! I immediately went to the kitchen to grab something to eat, a smile creeping my lips. I walked inside, it was empty, not even Bard was inside. I took this opportunity to cook myself something with the little knowledge my mother taught me. I decided to start simple and opened the refrigerator to grab some eggs. I was a little shocked and disappointed to figure out the fridge had only a half full glass of milk, some lettuce and 3 pieces of bread left. I shrugged and decided to make some simple canned soup possibly, I then opened the cupboard to an empty, opened, dusty can labeled "Corn" in sloppy writing. "No wonder Ciel never eats here..." I sighed, closing the cupboard. I then bent down to the lower cupboard and was presented with a full bag of unopened flour. "So you're able to keep stocked on flour but nothing else...?" I sighed. 

I decided I wasn't too hungry and I'd just wait until someone came home... err- back with more food. I walked back out to the hallway, looking around with nothing to do. I then decided to go to Ciel's study, he had books there so maybe I'd read them. I hastily walked -- almost skipping -- down the hall to Ciel's study. I stopped dead in front of the doors leading inside, hesitantly opening the door. The door made a subtle creak as I walked inside, closing said door behind me. The bookshelves lined with books and case files with occasional random decorations and trophies mixed in the batch. I grabbed a book a random and walked over to his desk, taking a seat in his chair. Before I was able to open the book, a letter in front of me caught my eye. I placed the book to the side and decided to read the letter instead.

Ciel, earl of Phantomhive, I invite you to talk business.

We hope this letter finds you well, we would like to ask you to please arrive to the area below with your butler and nobody else for this is private matter. If you arrive with anybody else, no matter who, we will not talk business. We wish for this to be a friendly chat and nothing more, though, if someone was to instigate violence or threats, it would be on their end if someone were to end up injured or even dead. We will arrange tea and a game of chess for your liking. It is up to you if you decide to arrive.

Place of meeting: [this part was scribbled out, I assumed to stop people like me from snooping] Do not be late for we will not stay long.

We hope you consider our request, respectfully,

T.H.

"Someone planned a meeting with Ciel?" I thought aloud. I jumped at a loud crash, "Waaah~!" Mey-rin yelled out, her voice wobbling. I quickly ran out and cut the corner to find Mey-rin and Finny sitting in front of each other with a pile of food in front of bags laid out around them, I assumed they fell -- or bumped into each other. "I was wondering why it was so quiet..." I chuckled quietly, walking up and helping the two stand. "Where is Bard?" I asked, helping them pick up the food. "He's out with some of the heavier items!" Finny answered, that's what I thought. I helped the servants deliver the food to the kitchen so they wouldn't run into each other again. "There we go!" Mey-rin exclaimed, finally placing the bags of food on the counter. "Phew.." Finny sighed in relief as Bard walked in, a turkey on his shoulder and a ham on the other. "I can't believe we got these meats half off! The butcher was really nice." He smiled, placing the meat down with a stable thump.