Chapter 6, His Ring

I was able to walk farther down a path that I suspected lead to somewhere new. I looked down at Ciel's motionless face, "We're going to get to London.. I'm not letting anyone stop me.","Hey, kid!" I rolled my eyes at a mans voice, that was quick. The clacking of horse gallops approached us. "Who are you? And what are you doing with this boy?" He stopped in front of us. "I am currently walking to London to return him to his house." I looked up at the man in the eyes. "Y/N?" The man looked surprised, I was probably even more surprised than him. How did he know my name? "Who are you? How do you know my name?" I stepped back, anyone knowing who I was; was a threat to me. "Don't you remember me? Uncle Tim?" I furrowed my eyebrows at this question. "My father informed me we did not have any family outside of the 4 of us. You have to be joking." I sighed at his idiocy. "Oh no, did he? Charles was never one to block me out of his life. He sent me letters every week until he passed. We've even met, when you were 5!" He smiled. He had a sparkle in his eye that I haven't seen since my father was alive. Something told me he wasn't bluffing. 

"My, may I say you look like you haven't changed since you were 14. I'm actually visiting from Manchester. I was afraid you had died too.." I swallowed, he didn't hear the news? How? "Well, let me give you two a ride to London, hey?" He motioned to his carriage. I sighed, I didn't want to walk any further on foot and it seemed this man was my uncle. "Fine, don't pull anything." He smiled, "Do you want help with the boy?" I glared him in the eye. How did he know who'm I was but yet nothing about my mothers industry? Did he not know who Ciel was? "No, We'll be fine." I stepped on the side step and laid Ciel down on the carriage seat. I got in my self and laid him on my lap. 'Uncle Tim' sat in the front, conducting the carriage. What was he doing near Alois' manor? So many questions, so little answers. The carriage shook us as we rode down the path opposite of that village. I wasn't planning of returning there any time soon. "So, What was your mother like? I am afraid I was never allowed to meet her." He asked. "What was she like..." I thought to myself, "Well; she was certainly caring. She was very sweet and loved my father very much. She was kind of like our mother and our father. Who knew what he was always doing..." I exhaled, looking at the trees that passed by.

"Oh? I guess your father was just an independent soul when it came to family." I furrowed my brows. "And he wrote to you every week?","Ah, yes, he'd write to me all about you and your brother." I looked down at Ciel, "And what about mother?" He hesitated at my question. "She was never mentioned often." Something shifted in the air the second we had entered the carriage. "So what were you doing in such a small village?","We were.. just visiting." I decided to hold back the truth, this man was starting to seem suspicious. "Well.. what were you doing going to that village?" He again, hesitated. "Hm.. I was going to trade some goods." I looked around for anything that could signify a trader was even near this carriage. I was afraid my gut was truthful once more; I might've just been kidnapped. "Might you stop the carriage? I'm starting to feel a little motion sick." I picked up Ciel. "I'm afraid I'm unable to do so.","Goddammit..." I looked in between the outside road and Ciel. Should I risk it and jump out? I inhaled once more. "One more question, Tim. How far are we from London?","About a 30 minute carriage ride." I smiled to myself, we had just passed the turn to London's main road.

"Ah, I see. Well; see y'a never!" I braced myself and jumped out, hugging Ciel tightly against my chest as we tumbled down the road. I had quickly stopped myself and scrambled getting up, I ran down the main road. How did I know? Well the idiot passed by the sign that said "London" with and arrow pointing down the road. The running slowly became speed-walking, which slowly became walking. "Oh.. oh boy I'm out of breath again, aren't I...?","And you still decide to carry me?" I jumped at the sound of Ciel's tired voice. "You're awake finally?" I smiled, looking down at the boy. I walked to the side of the road and sat us both down. "What happened... I can barely remember a thing?","That's a great question.." I looked out into the empty road. "Well... I just remember a lot of things going down. I managed to escape but Alois had somehow gotten a hold of my book of life... or whatever it's called." He looked confused but the book caught his eye. "But it's unimportant." I took the book away from his sight and hid it behind my back. "And Alois was the one who did this?"

I nodded. "He even stole your ring.." I pointed at his bare hand. "My- my ring?!" He looked around every part of his body, the ring was nowhere to be found. He tried to quickly get up but was stopped hastily by his injuries. "Agh!" He held his leg. "And you're not going to be running back to get it until you get better... I'm not having you mess up my stitch-work over your damn ring.","You don't.. get it.. that ring is a heirloom...a signal of my..","Soul. I know." I finished his sentence for him and got up myself, grabbing his hand and helping him get up completely. "Well if you truly do know; you should know that that ring is of utmost importance to me! We need to get it back..","Yes, but, you're not in a state to be running around and stealing back items. No matter how important they are.. to you." I exhaled, having to almost stop him from running back to Alois. "You don't understand, Alex!" He looked at me with anger plastered all over his dirty face. His symbol still stayed as Claude's, it threw me off; I was still not used to it. "Oh yes... yes I do..." I said quietly to myself.