10: Hunted and caught

" Zion, can you buy these? Your father forgot to buy these for my recipe for the upcoming holiday. Also, be careful, I know today is hunting night, it's only 10:45. So you might make it, " mom ordered me to buy some things on a list she gave to me. I sighed and I got my stuff, grab my hoverboard, then left the house. I put a piece of gum in my mouth, I chewed on the gum, then I left the house.

I used my hoverboard to get around the city, there were a lot cars getting into so traffic because they want to get home in time. Everyone in this city knew the horrors of this place, every time it's hunting night or midnight blood night, people will tried to get home in time before midnight. But some people are unlucky to make it home.

I made it to the store, I started to get the items on the list. I put them in the basket I grabbed before I started to look. I was looking through the aisles, I just need to find the dragon fruit and some eggs. But I didn't mean to take a while.

⤟☾✧☽⤠

I got everything, I payed for it. I looked at the time, it was 11:46 pm. Fuck, it's takes me 20 minutes to get home. I guess I have to use my teleportation powers to shorted the time. I went to the alleyway, I used my powers. I teleported at the boba store that me and Zayn go to sometimes. This will give more time to get home, I looked at the time. It was 11:50 pm, shit, I need to hurry.

I used my hoverboard to get around the neighborhood, I saw a group of people, together, were out. So I decided to ask why they were out, " Why are you out in this hour? The hunt will begin in 10 minutes, " I warned them, they laughed. " Why should we believe that shit, you Everbloomians are always so worried about this ' hunting night'. We don't think this hunting night exist, " they started to laughed, I tried to warned them.

" Suit yourself, I need to get home. You all have a death wish, " I said, and I zoomed past them after couple of minutes, I heard the bell. I need to hurry, I turned right to the alleyway. I got off my hoverboard, I turned invisible. I hid behind a wall, I was breathing so hard. I could hear screaming and voices of corrupted tones. I covered my mouth, as I could heard people's souls being devoured in one bite.

I heard footsteps coming my way, this brings memories of the night of my older brother's death. I heard the corrupted voices, the footsteps, the blood hungry eyes, Caspian protected me. He was taken away in front of me, but I was drowning water. I tried my best not to cry at that moment when my parents told me the news about Caspian.

The footsteps came closer and closer, I was scared. I didn't want my emotions to take over and I need to stay calm. But the footsteps kept coming closer and closer. I need to get out of here, sooner or later. There's no time for that, but I always being some sort of weapon with me like a dagger or gun.

This time, I have a gun, I have it in my bag. But I need to make sure I don't make any sounds or noises. I need a distraction, I saw there was a can beside me. I picked it up and I threw it as hard as I can against the wall. Then it got the godling' attention, and I ran right out there. I teleported to the right alleyway, the one where my house is.

I turned visible, then I walked towards to the direction to my house and I need to be careful. I teleported the bags in my house. I don't want to get caught, I was walking and I heard footsteps behind me. I pulled my gun, turn around and I shot it at the person. It was Ryker, I recognized those red eyes from anywhere. I didn't want to use my godlings powers not now, I need to protect myself for once.

But the bullet hit his shoulder, he wasn't in pain. He started to walked up to me and I walked backwards slowly. I turned around I bolted out of there. I didn't want him to get to my parents' home. I turned the corner and I turned invisible, I was breathing so hard. I need to stay calm, after I calmed down. I looked over the corner, he was gone. I turned visible, then I felt a presence behind me. A hand covered my mouth, and pulled me from behind. I struggled to get out of the grip and whine.

" Stay quiet, Zion, they will hear you."

I stopped, stay quiet, I heard footsteps. " ƬΉΣЯΣ'Ƨ ПӨƬΉIПG ΉΣЯΣ, ЩΣ ƧΉӨЦD GӨ FЯΣΣD ƧӨMΣЩΉΣЯΣ ΣƧΣ, " I heard their corrupted voices of the godlings as they left. The person let go of me, I turned to face to them as I thanked them. " Thank-" I paused when I saw who it was. I was back into a wall. " R-Ryker?" I had fear in my voice, Ryker stared at me as he walked up to me. I stared at him, then I started to have flashbacks about me and my godling friend. The memories we had together, the fun times, my older brother scolded at us for playing in the water with our clothes on. The other times about my friend helping me, caring for me.

I gasped when it was over, the ring I was wearing, was glowing. " Y-Your that friend I made friends with, why didn't I remember?" I was shaking, crying and I didn't what to do. Ryker stared at me, " It's been three years, Z-bug, " that nickname, he was the one who gave me that nickname. He put his hand on my cheek, " It's okay, no one will hurt you."

" H-how d-d-do I know you are not going t-to devour my soul?"

" You are godling, I can sense it. You are the child of light, " he said, I was in shocked. " I knew from the beginning, Zion. Always did."