5: Avoid

I was writing in my notebook as I was listening to my math teacher. I didn't even wanted to stared at Ryker, I didn't want to talk him or stare at him at all. After what the gods did to my parents' members. I remembered that my parents told me I will take over when they are gone. Formerly, Caspian was the one who will take over the organization. But it was my fault, my brother was killed by me.

Then the bell rang, " That's it for today, class. No homework for the weekend, " the teacher announced, everyone smiled about that. I have tech class, and I saw Ryker was staring at me. I looked away quickly. " You can't trust godlings, they are the same as they're parents, " my older brother told me when I was a kid and I remembered that. Maybe if I listened to my older brother, maybe he will be alive right now. Maybe life will be the same before the incident. My life won't be always be at risk. 

I opened my locker and I got my stuff for tech class. I put my headphone on my ear and I started to play some music. I listened to one of the old songs. I like old songs that are very old, the song I am listening to is from the 2020s. I mean it's 2230 now, but these songs are amazing. I like different kinds of music, but right now I am listening to birth of Venus. I sighed as I listened to it, and I didn't want to get involved with the trouble that godlings do all the time.

Godlings are all the same, they tried to gain your trust and then betray you when the time is right. That's what happened with a lot of people, as well as a lot of players. Most godlings are players, how I know, because that was my ' friend ' told me. That godling that made me believe that not all corrupted godlings are not evil like their parents. But I guess only me and mom are the only godlings who are not corrupted. Me and mom were born into purity and light. I never asked to be a part of some prophecy. 

But something about the prophecy doesn't right, I had that feeling for years now. I don't know how and why. Even Caspian agreed with me when I mentioned to him and I told him as well that there should be more than to the prophecy. There should be more in the prophecy, I don't know why there isn't more. 

Then I bumped into someone, I dropped my books and my other stuff, except my laptop. I took off my headphones, and the person I bumped into, helped me. " Thanks for the help, I-" I paused when I saw who help me. It was Ryker, " No problem, it's not your fault."

" I got to go, Ryker. See you never, " I mumbled the last part, but why does he look familiar to me? I can't worried about that right now, and I need to get to class. I walked very quickly, but that thought, did I knew him at one point? He was talking about me to his friend, but do I know him?

I shook my head to shake the thought. I went to my tech class, I don't want to be late. I saw more people fighting again and I took an detour to my class. But this way is faster, so I took it. I made just in time, well I was early anyways. I sighed as I sat at my seat, and I opened my laptop. I saw a photo both of me and Caspian. But I saw my friend in there too, but their face was taken off. Kind of funny that I had a crush on them before they betrayed. I wanted to be with my life.

When I was a kid, I used to thought godlings could marry anyone. Well, the uncorrupted ones, but the corrupted ones must have to have an approval from the gods. That's what my 'friend ' told about that, but they can't be with a uncorrupted one or supernaturals or humans. I knew my friend was an corrupted one. 

I always wanted to know who they look like. But some reason, I can't remember what they look like. I asked my parents about my friend's appearance, but they scolded me when I brought them up. All I know they are boy, but that's all. I wish I knew them more, for me, it's like I had memory loss about them. I kind of wish that I never met them, yet, I did after all. Why is my life so fucked up?

                                                                   ⤟☾✧☽⤠ 

I got Zayn's homework for her, she has so much. I would shoved it in her locker, unfortunately, I chose not to. I am good friend to her, one day, my kindness will get me kill. I know it, my trust got my older brother killed. So I don't trust people so easily, but with Zayn. That was before I made friends with that godlings. All godlings are corrupted, except my family's. We are well-hidden, my family want to keep that way.

I carried my stuff and Zayn's to get to the front foyer. I saw my mom's car this time, because she knew where Zayn lives.

I got into the car, " So what is new with you at your new school?" Mom trying to strike up a conversation. " Well, the same like yesterday, I had to avoid this godling. He keeps staring and trying to talk to me. Like we were like good friends before, for some reason he is familiar to me, " I explained to her as she was driving.

" So what's the name of this godling?"

" Ryker Abaddon."

Then she stepped on the brake really hard and I held the arm rest. The stop light was red, " What name did you say?"

" Ryker Abaddon, I know I have to avoid him as well as the other corrupted godlings. I know-"

" No, you need to avoid that godling. He is bad news, you promises me. Don't talk to him, look at him or walk up to him. Understand me? He is just like his fucking father, do you understand me? Mom looked mad when I mentioned the name. I guess Ryker's father did something to grandmother or mom that made mom hate the god of death, darkness and destruction. I sighed and said, " Yes mom."

" Yes, mom."