chapter seventy seven

Start from the beginning

"Children are the most important thing for a parent, they are what keeps us sane. Isn't that right Nora? Regulus?" Riddle asked, wearing a suit and standing beside Lucius.

"My lord. We didn't expect you today." Said Bellatrix, taking out her wand. Nora could see the sheer fear they all have even if they are so loyal to the dark lord, Lucius' lip quivered for a second, coming closer to him.

"I couldn't help but see what you were up to today, considering you failed miserably yesterday." Noras breath hitched, noticing rabastan grow quiet, pretending he didn't even hear that.

"My lord, we apologized; the ministry knew before us." Said rodulphus, Nora taking a step towards Narcissa, regulus closely behind her. "Apologizes are not cutting it anymore, I was told I chose you four, for a reason. Start acting like it." The dark lord snapped, turning to look at the ones in front of him, filled with disgust.

Nora felt herself freeze when Riddle looked at her, his hands in his pockets as he stared at her, walking closely. Her eyes were filled of fear, holding her breath as he came closer. "Nora, you're looking swell, have you proved to me I can trust you?" He asked, eyeing her up and down.

Grimacing a little, Nora's eyes shifted to Bellatrix, vigorously nodding her head, making Nora duffle with her hands. "My lord, I'm doing the best I can, i don't know what I'm doing wrong. Nora mumbled out , Lucius' eyes nearly out of his head.

"She might die." Rabastan said, getting elbowed in the chest by Narcissa. Nora became intense, hearing the whispers from the adults, the dark lord having a scary smile lingering on his lips. "Show me you're loyal Nora Black, show me no mercy, you are exactly who I am looking for, now earn being my right hand woman." He said sternly, crouching to meet her eye line, his eyes growing dark.

Her stomach did a flip. Right hand woman?

"Oh." Nora sobbed out for a second, choking on her own tongue. Nora knew the position she was in when the dark lord smiled at her, not in a devilish tone, not sarcastically, but a genuine smile. She was to be the second person in charge when he wasn't around, he has power on her that nobody else else.

He wants to have Nora wrapped around his little finger. Of course he does, nobody else was given a task except her, and not being a death eater was her challenge to see if she has the courage to go above and beyond.

"I have a task for you four, it's very secretive." Nora clenched her jaw when she saw the way riddle turned to the four death eaters looking at him with confusion.

"How about we go see how dinner is going." Narcissa said, demanding her cousins go. "Until next time Nora, Regulus." Riddle said in a statement, demanding to see then soon. Nora slightly looked back as she connected eyes with riddle, sending shivers down her back, feeling unwell for a second.

Looking at him was like eating poison, practically asking to die without reasoning, even if you didn't mean to. Looking from the inside, Nora and regulus saw black dust soon leave the garden, going into the sky as they travel through dark apparation, a 'benefit' that you can have when you have the dark mark.

"Where has he been staying?" Regulus asked, grabbing Nora's attention back to the dinner that'll now be three people. Nora didn't mind though, out of all three sisters, Narcissa has been the nicest one, treating her like an older sister that she's always wanted.

"He stays everywhere, but only for a couple of hours until it becomes suspicious. He's been here thrice, and every time he is here, dark magic is filled everywhere." Narcissa spoke, sending shivers down her spine.

Nora frowned at that comment, grabbing herself a plate as Narcissa made them pasta, pouring it for them. "Has your father told regulus yet?" She whispered, regulus at the fridge, pouring himself lemonade, Narcissa also making that.

"No, but I'm hoping he does soon, regulus needs to know." Nora mumbled, grabbing herself a fork. "Give it some time sweetheart." Narcissa told her, calling Regulus for them near their little table that was tucked in the corner, the space Lucius and Narcissa use when it's just the two of them.

"I'm happy you two are here, just wish he didn't show up and take them." Smiling at their cousin, the three began eating, hearing a house elf name Dobby put on some jazz music, vibrating through the whole house.

"Are you permanently living here? Or are you still at home before the wedding?" Asked Nora, trying to make conversation. "Well, we still don't know when we should do the wedding, but I'm still living with mother and father but slowly moving everything here. If you want, you can help me the next time I go back?" She offered, eating her salmon with mashed potatoes.

"That sounds fun." Nora smiled at the suggestion, regulus agreeing with her. Narcissa hummed happily as there was a long period of silence, enjoying their food.

"So, Nora? Are you excited for seventh year?" Narcissa asks; taking a big sip of her wine, regulus also noticing that. "Not really, just with my task to the... dark lord, I'm a bit scared. I also didn't get head girl." Narcissa frowned the girl, regulus shaking his head to lie on who the head-boy was.

"Oh, well that's not fun, who got it?"

"Remus Lupin and Lily Evans." She lied, hating how easy it was to do that; pretending to be hurt as she shrugged her shoulders. "That's okay, I'm sure you're good at other things?"

"No, not really." Nora mumbled, awkwardly taking a sip of her water, regulus snorting a little. "Well, Reggie, how are you... doing?" Pressing her lips into a fine line, Nora knew this was going to be a long dinner, putting her drink down.

—————————-

Intense yet short chapter just to show a little bit more of the death eaters and the way they are working. I just just realized I should be considerate when posting chapters depending on time zones, it's currently almost 5pm for me so I hope this isn't too late to too early for you all, I'll try to be more aware so you can read it properly xx