Year 2 Part 3

Regulus POV

After what happened last night, Gramps has decided to let Lockhart teach the students dueling. He asked me to help with his lesson, so I agreed just so I could blast him off the platform and make it a whole performance. I asked Sev to help gather the Slytherin and Hufflepuff while I picked up the Ravenclaw and Gryffindor students.

"Can everyone hear me? Can everyone see me? Now Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions - for full details see my published works." Lockhart said as I gagged and rolled my eyes at his comment. "Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Black. He tells me he knows a lot about dueling, so I thought he would be the perfect person to help teach all of you." Lockhart said. I mentally prepared myself as I stared at Aurora and Leo with a confident smile.

"Now I don't want you youngsters to worry you'll still have your favorite potions master when I'm through with him." I cringed at what he said but got into position and held up my wand. "As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we'll cast our first spells, and neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course." 'Sadly,' I thought.

Both of us swung our wands above our heads and pointed them at each other; "Expelliarmus!" I shouted so everyone could hear me, and I blasted Lockhart off his feet, and he flew off the stage. "Do you think he's all right?" Hermione said. "Who cares?" Leo, Aurora, Harry, and Ron said to her, as they kept cheering for me.

"Will there you have it." Lockhart said, walking back on the platform. "That was a Disarming charm, as you all can see, I've lost my wand - ah thank you Miss Brown - yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Black, but if you don't mind me saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I wanted to stop you, it would have been only too easy - however, I felt it would be instructive to let them see..." I glared at him with a death glare and anger. "But enough demonstrating! I'm going to come amongst you all in, put you into pairs. Professor Black, if you'd like to help me-" we moved amongst them and paired Leo with Ron and Hermione with Aurora.

I ended up pairing Draco with Harry. "Wands ready," I told them, "When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponents - only to disarm them - we don't need any accidents - one.. two ..three-

Harry pointed his wand at Draco and shouted, "Rictumsempra!" Draco flew back, "I said, disarm only!" I shouted Draco then shouted,"Serpensortia!" and a snake came out of his wand. "Don't move, Harry. I'll get rid of it..." I told him. "Allow me!" Lockhart shouted he waved his wand, but the snake just flew up into the air and landed back on the floor. I mentally facepalmed and whispered under my breath "Incompetent" we all watched as Harry was speaking Parseltounge to the snake. I stepped forward and waved my wand, making the snake disappear. Everyone was staring at Harry as him. Ron Hermione and Leo left the room and went to their common room.

----

(Time Skip)

I was walking down the corridors on my nightly patrol when I saw Harry over a petrified Justin.

"Professor, I swear I didn't," He told me. "It's out of my hands Harry please follow me." I told him.

I led him to the gramps office. "Sherbert Lemon," I said to the statue and ushered Harry up the steps.

------------

Christmas break has arrived, which means I get a chance to spend time with my twins. We went to the great hall and started eating when I overheard Harry, Ron, and Hermione talk about a polyjuice potion. Now I know I should stop them, but hear me out. I'd rather not for many reasons.

One, I don't want to get involved, and two, as long as Leo and Aurora aren't doing it, I don't care. I gave Leo and Aurora their gifts for Leo, the new nimbus 2001, some candy from honeydukes, a family ring heirloom, and some new clothes as well.

For Aurora, I got the new nimbus 2001 as well some candy from honeydukes, some new clothes, and a beautiful necklace, which is also a family heirloom. They then opened their presents from Andromeda, Tonks, Narcissa, Molly, and Arthur.

They got handmade sweaters from Molly that were their favorite colors. Some new shoes and scarves from Andromeda. Some jewelry and school stuff from Narcissa. And finally, prank stuff from Tonks.

---------
We were having classes again when I heard over the intercom, "All students report to their common rooms, teachers please report to the second floor corridor," I head Minnie say. Me and Sev ran with the others and saw more writing on the wall.

Their skeletons will lie in the chamber forever. "Who was it that the monster took?" Poppy asked her.

"Ginny Weasley and Aurora Black," she said, looking at me. I had tears going down my eyes as I fell on my knees. "I'm so sorry, Regulus," Minnie said, hugging me.

-------
Harry, Ron, and Leo went down into the chamber and saved Ginny and Aurora. I was running to the hospital wing when I saw Aurora awake and sitting up on her bed. I ran to her and gave her a big hug and I kissed her forehead.

"Never scare me like that again, young lady. I thought I would never see you again, " I said to her as I was holding her in my arms.

"I'm so sorry for scaring you, dad. I love you." She told me

"I love you to sweetheart" I told her, then Leo came over, and I hugged him. "My brave son, I'm proud of you for helping to save your sister." I told him he hugged me back, and we stayed like that until it was time for the end of year feast.

Hagrid came back after being sent to Azkaban.

‐-----------------------------------------------------------------

I finally wrote a somewhat long chapter, so I'm so happy I did. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it, and I will write year 3, chapter 1, tonight.