Chapter 12 - Tea and Troubles

Start from the beginning

Tao told us a story about his 14 year old daughter. "Madison had asked me to pick up some tampons for her and I spent over 45 minutes staring at the feminine hygiene section because I had no idea what 'super plus', 'extra absorbent' and all the different sizes ment and what Maddie would want. Then I ran into Darcy in the supermarket and was fully educated on what to buy." He said and we laughed but I started thinking about what would happen when Milli got her period. Thankfully it's a while away but I'm already stressed.

"What can I say, I know my shit." Darcy says proudly and leans back in her chair with a smirk. Tara playfully rolls her eyes and leans into Darcy. We continue talking and soon time flies and Nick and I are driving to the appointment.

Nick stops the car in front of the office.

"Call me if you need. Allright baby?" He asks kindly and I blush at the name.

"Yes Nicky, I will." I say and kiss his cheek.

"Okay then, love you baby."

"Love you more." I say and before he can protest that he loves me more I hope out of the car. I blow him a kiss as he drives off.

I take a deep breath as I approach the front desk.

"Hi, I'm here to see Dr Joanne Lemmings for my annual session." I say with a small quiver in my voice.

"Ahh yes, Charles Spring?" The receptionist asks while punching keys loudly on her computer.

"That's me "

"Take a seat and she will be right with you." She says and I do. I play mindless games on my phone in a little waiting room when my therapist comes around the corner.

"Charles Spring?" Joanna asks and I perk my head up, collect my things and head to her office.

"Just in her please Charlie." She says with a welcoming smile.

I sit on the couch and she sits across from me with a notebook perched in her lap. Once we are both situated she begins.

"How have you been lately Charlie?"

I hesitate with my answer and I begin to think I am 15 again sitting in my old therapist Geoff's office after I had been sent home from the hospital. I felt the bubble in my throat and my hands grip the coach. I try to speak but my mouth won't let me.

So I say the safe answer. "I've been doing okay."

"What does 'okay' look like Charlie? What's been happening with you?" She says politely and scribbles in her notebook.

"Nothing much, just getting tired from the kids." I say and feel myself get more comfortable. She motions for me to extend my statement.

"They have just been a handful lately and I'm struggling to keep up." I admit, I feel myself un tense as the words flow off my tongue.

"What has been happening that's making you stressed?"

"They have been getting into trouble at school and home almost everyday, I come home to a messy house and don't listen to me. Only Nick." I ramble out and it's only in that moment I realize the worry I've been carrying for a long time.

"Have you tried to express this to Nick?" She asks kindly

"No, because if I do, Nick will go strict on the kids, especially Alec and I will feel bad. " i say and try to calm myself.

"It can be hard to talk to him about this stuff but if it's causing you anxiety then we need to get it sorted." Joanne explains

"I'll try."

"That's all I ask Charlie." She says. Joanne then changes the subject and we shatter about work, friends and family. Soon our session is over and Joanne ahs something she wants to say.

"I'd like to see you again soon Charlie. I think that you could benefit from a fortnightly session." Joanna admits and I freeze. I'm going back to regular sessions again like I'm a teenager again? Am I getting worse? I promised i wouldn't.

She notices by worry. "It's just to talk about your stress levels. Nothing major."

I hesitate but agree, knowing if it's what I need then I should.

I find Nick in the waiting room and he leads me out to the car. I jump into the car and slump back into the chair.

"How did it go, baby?" He asks and starts to drive.

I sigh and brace myself. "It went okay, we talked about my stress levels and anxiety and agreed that she wants me to go to fortnightly sessions." I say sadly

"That's totally okay hun, if that's what you need we do it." Nick says firmly and places a tender hand on my thigh. I grab it and kiss his hand.

"You're the best. Nick." I say

"Only to you baby." He says and leant over the middle console to kiss my lips.

1641 words

—--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello yall

Another chapter written way too late at night. so excited for 1989 taylors version tomorrow. Did u enjoy the chapter?

Stay happy, healthy and hydrated

thx