𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 - 𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞, 𝐚 𝐂𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲

You gasped.

A murmur went through the crowd of pirates.

Elizabeth, who was standing behind you surrounded by almost a dozen unwashed buccaneers, wanted to rush forward in horror, but was held back.

Across from you, Jack took on a disappointed, sad, and downright annoyed expression.

"Like that", he mumbled and looked down in frustration.

You didn't understand.

What stupid thing had Will done? Well, other than standing on the railing and holding a gun under his chin.

And then it dawned on you, and you remembered what Jack had told you when you had been imprisoned on the Black Pearl: They needed will's blood. And Will had figured that out.

On the contrary, Barbossa didn't seem to have put two and two together yet.

"Who are you?", he asked him with a confused look on his face.

Jack rushed forward and placed himself between Will and Barbossa.

"No one. He's no one. A distant cousin of my aunt's nephew, twice removed. Lovely singing voice though. Eunuch", he began to explain in dubious manner and with flailing hand gestures, trying to appear convincing.

But it was obvious that Barbossa didn't believe a single word coming out of Jack's mouth.

"Ah, I see, another cousin of yours, just like your lovely company", he said with a mocking smile, alluding to what Jack had said on the Isla de Muerta about your relationship, and pointed at you.

Jack's eyes followed his finger until he looked you straight in the eye. You gave him a questioning look and raised an eyebrow as if to ask, what's your plan Jack, what are you up to again? But Jack quickly turned his head back to Barbossa.

"Well, big family. No fun at gatherings though", he said with a simultaneously hopeful and desperate, forced smile.

But Will had enough.

"My name is Will Turner! My father was Bootstrap Bill Turner. His blood runs in my veins", his voice boomed over the ship, which had become completely silent.

While Barbossa smirked, Jack bowed his head defeated and stepped aside to join the group of pirates opposite of you. A good player knew when he had lost a game.

"He's the spitting image of ol' Bootstrap Bill, come back to haunt us!", one pirate screamed.

"On my word, do as I say, or I'll pull this trigger and be lost to Davy Jones's locker!", Will said with force, still standing on the ships' rail and holding onto the ridding.

Barbossa stepped forward.

"Name your terms, Mr. Turner."

"Elizabeth and (y/n) go free!"

"Yes, we know that one. Anything else?", Barbossa commented mockingly.

Across from you, Jack gestured wildly to get Will's attention. He repeatedly pointed at himself with both hands to make Will consider him in his terms as well.

You rolled your eyes.

Jack was truly delusional if he thought that Will would even do so much as think of helping him after everything that had happened.

You were also surprised that Will ensured your freedom just as vehemently as Elizabeth's. You had only known each other for such a short time after all.

But maybe Will was just like you. Maybe he too had the feeling that you got along with each other pretty well. Maybe he had grown fond of you too.

Which you couldn't say about Jack: Will deliberately ignored his attempts to be included in his terms and pointed to the crew instead.