CHAPTER-13: Actions & Consequences

Start from the beginning

THIRD-PERSON POV:

The bank's fluorescent lights flickered overhead as Zain Zaffar swung into the scene, landing gracefully amidst the chaos. The bank robbers, clad in dark attire and armed to the teeth, turned their attention towards the unexpected intruder.

Zain's eyes, concealed behind the lenses of his spider-mask, surveyed the situation. The atmosphere crackled with tension as the robbers sized up the crimson-clad hero before them.

"You must be lost, hero. This is our payday, and you're not invited." One of the robbers, brandishing a shotgun, took the initiative.

"Sorry to disappoint, but I can't let you ruin everyone's day. You've already ruined ours..."

In an instant, another robber lunged forward with a crowbar, aiming to catch Zain off guard. The agile Spider-Man evaded effortlessly, somersaulting over the assailant and landing a swift kick that sent him sprawling.

Meanwhile, Robber 3, armed with a submachine gun, unleashed a barrage of bullets. Zain's spider-sense tingled, and he gracefully dodged the projectiles, each movement calculated with precision.

Robber 4, wielding a duffel bag filled with stolen cash, attempted a hasty escape. Zain shot a web line, snaring the fleeing culprit and yanking him back into the center of the conflict.

As the skirmish intensified, Zain showcased his mastery over bio-electrokinesis. A surge of electricity crackled around his hands, forming charged projectiles that he hurled at the remaining robbers. The electric blasts incapacitated them temporarily, leaving them disoriented.

In the midst of the chaos, Robber 1 attempted a desperate move, pulling out a hidden knife. Zain's reflexes kicked in, and he swiftly disarmed the assailant, using webbing to secure the weapon.

With the immediate threat neutralized, Zain turned his attention to the disarmed and web-bound robbers. They squirmed on the floor, defeated and powerless against the crimson vigilante.

"Looks like I'm done here. And I thought you guys were actually worth my time..." Zain delivered a quip, his voice laced with a mix of sarcasm and authority.

The distant wailing of sirens signaled the approaching police. Zain shot a final web line, securing the subdued robbers for the authorities.

...

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

"We're done here."

"Thank god..."

"I'm so tired-"

"I wanna go home and sleep."

"Let's go."

...

In the end, I did end up coming to the penthouse, even though I didn't want to. It's gonna be super awkward first of all, and second- I don't wanna be here.

Did I mention that I didn't wanna go there? Yep, I did.

I'm so tired... I just wanna sleep.

I landed on the roof of the building, and took a moment to collect myself. I sat down against the wall and rested my eyes for a bit.

One hour later...

My eyes snapped open as I felt my body jerk itself awake. Realizing that I had fallen asleep, I quickly crawled to the window just outside their apartment. I snuck in and checked my messages.

UESUGI: [Where are you?] - [16:42]
UESUGI: [I'm headed there now] - [16:42]
UESUGI: [Please hurry.] - [16:43]