chapter 8

The restaurant was beautiful. It had lights that weren’t too bright making it beautiful to walk in with an alien wrapped around her arm. Ava looked up at Ash whose eyes were a dark blue. Her heart dropped, She grabbed his hand as she rubbed the back of his hand. Ash's eyes move down to look down at her. 

“Are you alright Ash?” The only response she got was a nod. Ava knew that something was off. She nodded back at him as she looked the other way. The hostess sat them at a table that gave them an oversight of the city. Ava looked out the window, The view was lovely. With all of the city lights with some fall decor, it was getting close to winter. It would be much colder in their beloved city she has called home. 

“Are you just going to watch the cars all night? Or are you going to talk?” Ash asked as he sounded colder than normal. Just before she was about to speak the waiter came over. 

“What can I start for you two?” The waiter asks. Ava turned her head as she saw him. Her heart stopped looking at the man. 

“We will take water.” As he speaks, The waiter nods as he walks off. Ava looked down to the ground as she said nothing. 

  There was something on her mind and Ash was going to get to the bottom of it. 

“Ava, sweetpea. What is wrong?” 

“That was just my ex. Nothing to worry about.” Ash knew everything about her past. He sat back as he nodded. 

“Don’t worry. He won’t hurt you anymore.” Ava looked up at him. She looked more confused than she was before.  

“Ash What do you..” 

“Sorry, that took a while. Here are your drinks.” The waiter placed down the drinks as he looked at Ava and smiled. He placed a hand on her shoulder. 

“Ava, baby. I miss you.” The waiter said with a sinful smile. Ava moved back to keep some space between them. 

“I don’t miss you, Felix.” Ava looked down as she started to shake. 

  Ash looked pissed at how Felix was acting towards Ava.

“If you want to keep your head. I think you should keep your hands off of her.” Ash warned coldly. Felix laughed. He moved towards Ash. 

“What are you going to do big boy? You can’t do shit to me.” Ash stood up. He was taller than Felix but a lot. Ash’s eyes turned a dark blue, almost black. He looked pissed, He showed his fangs. 

“You are a stupid man Felix.” Felix moved back. The fear overcame him. 

“You….You are one of the aliens!” He exclaims. Ash Laughed.

“Wow, Really? I would never know.” Ash said with a laugh. Ash was cold, He wasn’t putting up with no shit from anyone. 

“Come on man. I didn’t mean anything by it. Let’s just let this go and move on with our day.” Ash laughed more at Felix's beg. He grabbed Felix by his throat, There was no mercy behind Ash’s eyes. 

“Ash, don’t do this.” Ava’s voice was heard. She sounded like she was afraid of him. But there was no turning back from this. He places his hand on Felix's forehead. He smiled curly 

“This is your last day.” He twisted Felix's head the whole way. The sound of his bones slapping made Ava sick. Felix’s body hit the floor hard. His eyes were lifeless, Ava looked up at Ash with horror. 

  Ash had a sickening smile, There was no mercy. 

“Why would you?” 

“Kill him?” Ash looked at her. He pulled her closer with her hair. Pulling her towards him. 

“May this be a lean.” Ava yelped in pain from her hair getting pulled. She grabbed his hand as she tried to pull his hand away from her head. 

“I don’t care for human life. I will kill anyone I have to.” Ava's eyes filled with fear. Ash smiled at her as he moved his face closer to hers. Where their noses were touching. 

“I thought this date was a restart for us?” Ava said, She almost sounded like a mouse. 

  Ash let out a laugh. 

“You humans are more stupid than I thought. How did you live so long.” 

Her heart drops. Why would he do this? 

“I only use you. Now I will use you more. We need more of my kind.” 

Was this all he thought about? Why is this all happening? 

There were so many questions she had but so little time for an answer. 

“Now. Let’s start with the next-gen.” Ash said with a sickening smile Ava stood up and ran away from him. 

“You can run Ava. But you will never get far.” he walks behind her. She ran out of the restaurant But she was pulled back. She looked up and saw Otto holding her. He had a look of pain as he looked away from her. 

“Sorry…. I don’t want to do this.” Otto told her as he held her, Ash walked up to her and she smiled. 

“I told you, Ava. You can’t get far. Now you are coming back with me.” Ash said as he placed his hand on her cheek. 

“You look so perfect sweet pea.” 

  With that, Ava was stuck. She couldn’t run from this man. There was nowhere for her to hide. She could only play along until someone came to find her.

Hopefully soon before it’s too late...