Kethric Thorn

Beginne am Anfang

"You!" His voice cut through the air like a knife. The tadpole in my head screamed, bringing me down to my knees as I clutched my head. "You were supposed to obey The Absolute, obey me. Instead you defy us both! How dare you!"

"I!" I yelled back with a shaky breath as I threw both hands out, covering the floor where the skeletons stood with spikes, "obey" I shakily got back onto my feet as I looked him in the eyes, "no one!"

"Then you will die tonight, fallen soul."

"Death can have me, when he earns me." I gritted as the Nightsong launched her attack, I mistystepped to be right beside her. The party took care of the skeletons as the Nightsong fought Kethric Thorn. I took care of his skeletal dog before joining the fight against Thorn.

"This is impossible. I'm immortal! You can't be killing me!" He backed away from us, afraid.

"I'm free now Kethric!" Nightsong raised her wings and weapon, "which means you can, and will die!"

The castle shook, parts of its towers cracked and fell off as a large tentacle slammed onto the ground between us and Thorn. He grabbed onto it and was pulled back with the tentacles as it retracted into the casm it came from.

"What the hells was that?!" Someone shouted as my legs buckled, I fell to the ground. The tadpole in my head going crazy.

Astarion rushed over to me, "what's wrong? Are you hurt?"

"My tadpole, it's on the fritz. My body feels completely drained." He put one of my arms over his shoulder as he held my side, I leaned onto him as we walked. "Thanks," I smiled at him.

He rolled his eyes smiling back, "death hasn't earned you yet darling. Let's get you somewhere safe."

"Shouldn't we follow him down?!" Lay'zel said almost ready to jump.

"(F/N) just needs a little rest, then I'm sure we'll all be in the best shape to go down. We can spare a moment." Halsin assured her as we decended the stairs to the main hall.

We found a bench still in tact, Astarion helped me sit down on it as people talked amongst themselves. Gale handed ne a water jug, I drank from it as some friends approached.

The elven woman looked pissed, "he got away for now, but soon he will be ours."

The woman who gave us the moon blessing smiled at us, the Nightsong at her side, "I can't thank you enough for saving my love! She's free at last!"

"Yes, take some time to rest although I recommend going upstairs, it's lively down here. I will go with you to finish Kethric once and for all at your word." She gave us a nod before smiling at her lover as they went off hand in hand.

"A rest sounds good." We got up and headed up to the first floor, finding a good spot for us to sit, I put my head on Astarions shoulder, he stroked my hair.

"I.." he sighed, "I need to thank you." I sat up and looked at him.

"For what?"

"For what you said, to that vile drow. I spent soo long doing whatever he wanted, my feelings and wants be damned! You could have easily made me do it, bite her and be done with it....but you didn't."

I put my hand on his cheek, "you will never have to do anything you don't want to do. You are your own person Astarion."

He leaned in and kissed me making us both smile, "thank you treasure. Now rest that pretty little head of yours." I snuggled up against him and closed my eyes, the tadpole finally calmed down.
-------
The party stared at the sleeping leader, after a while Gale was the one who finally broke the silence, speaking softly as to not wake her.