Nightsong

We were in a swirling vortex, floating rocks  were all around in all different sizes. A fat cloaked man appeared, his skin dark with a mark carved into his flesh. "How did you make it here without my knowledge?!" He demanded before looking at me, "Ah, you, you are just like me my dear. You must be here to help me with the nightsong." He smiled as he held his hand out to me.

I looked at his hand and then back at him, "help you how exactly?" I raised an eyebrow. "And how are we alike?"

"You gave your soul for power. Now we must take care of the nightsong for Kethric Thorn."

"I'll help however I can" I falsely assured him. Zero idea of what was going on. We jumped and made our way down the twisty path to the nightsong. She stood in the middle of a magical circle, glowing hands held her in place, restricting her movement. My breath caught in my throat.

"Leave me be!" She cried out desperately and angrily. "You can't use me forever!"

"Don't worry my dear. I'm sending you to your doom, to help Thorn." He smiled wickedly as I looked to Shadowheart, she charged in attacking the fat man.

"You dare attack the Balthazar!? That will be the last decision you ever make!" With the wave of his hand he conjured skeletons to life and large dark knights.

Astarion stood behind me as Halsin turned into a bear. "How does one fight a skeleton?!" I asked in a slight panic as I casted multiple missiles at different skeletons, making them fall apart into a pile on the ground. "Oh..." I smiled as everyone split up to fight, I went after Balthazar since he kept making more skeletons. He was a very powerful sorcerer so it was a difficult fight. He teleported all around the area, throwing poisonous gas at us. I dipped my dagger in a poison I found on the road and threw it into Balthazar. His undead army collapsed as he finally went down, blood trickling out of his mouth. I retrieved my dagger and wiped it clean.

Shadowheart approached the circle, "great, a child of darkness. Are you here to watch me suffer too?" She snapped, Shadowheart gripped the spear.

"You betrayed my dark Lady. She has sent me here to end her suffering."

"Only while I'm trapped in this cage! I haven't done anything to anyone!" She cried out angrily, flashbacks flodded my head making me clench my hands into fists as I stepped between Shadowheart and The Nightsong.

"Is this what you truly want Shadow?" I asked pleading to her through my eyes as I stared into hers.

"What...i...it's what the lady wants."

"But what do you want? You can't let your Lady controll you. You aren't one to hurt an innocent person!" I put away my dagger. "Please" I begged. A lot of emotion showed on her face before she threw the spear off the cliff, when she turned around I gave her a big hug.

"Don't.." her voice cracked.

"I'm proud of you Shadow" I whispered as I hugged her tighter. Her arms wraped around me as she hugged me back.

Eventually we let of of eachother before I turned back to the magical circle. The Nightsong smiled at me, "thank you. I wont forget this." She grew wings as the circle glowed brighter and finally cracked. She took off to the sky as a portal opened behind her.

"We have to go! This place is going to fall apart without her tied to it!" Shadowheart yelled as the floating rocks began to crumble and fall towards us. We all scrambled towards the portal, the rock underneath my feet shaking and splitting, I had to jump and throw myself through the portal to make it in time. Landing on the dirt floor with a hard thud. I gasped from pain as I grabbed my infected side that I landed on. "Fuck!" I cried out as a hand reached out towards me. I grabbed it with my free hand as I looked up to see Raphael smiling down at me.