A Siren's Song

I awoke the next morning to Astarion watching me sleep, a smile on his face. "Good morning treasure. How do you feel?"

I run my fingers through his bangs fixing his bed head, "perfect, thanks to you." He rolled his eyes but didn't protest. We dressed and left his tent, the party all gave me a group hug.

"You're okay!" They all cheered.

Gale patted my shoulder, "I know Astarion isn't the 'talk about our feelings' type so if you ever need it, I'm always here for you."

"Thanks Gale, I might take you up on that another time about my magic. I finally have my memories back."

"Finally? What changed?" Shadowheart asked.

"That's a complicated story that I'll tell later. Right now I'm starved. And I know I put us behind so let's eat and hit the road." I packed myself a meal as we gathered our things.

"Are you sure about moving this much after everything?" Gale asked, he was so sweet.

I nodded, "Yep, I'll be very careful I promise. But I feel better than ever!" I looked at Lay'zel "where are we going? Get me up to speed."

She explained that there was another town nearby that rumors had of a witch that mainly delt with abnormal healing. "I'll have to buy a new hood when we get there. My last one got destroyed."

It wasn't too far of a walk although I didn't recognize this part of the realm at all. It was massive, almost like a kingdom. There was a castle guarded by walls, and the town of people lived just below it. More shiny armored guards patrolled the outer gate as we snuck in, their coat of arms the same as his. Astarion snuck off with me to a clothing shop where I found a beautiful blue dress with a hood sewn on. The thighs were slit open and held together by a string, it reminded me of the shirt Astarion wears at night. The light blue color fit really well against my pale skin. I exited the dressing room giving Astarion a little twirl. I could see the hunger in his eyes meaning he more than liked it. I bought it and put the hood up as we walked around the town, he did most of the talking as I looked around, feeling a strange, yet familiar magical aura. It drew me in.

I tilted my head as I began to wonder towards it. Astarion grabbed my arm, whispering into my ear harshly, "what in God's name do you think you're doing?" He hissed.

"There's something here calling to me." I looked up at him. "I can't tell what."

"Well, seeing how you literally just came back from almost death, how about we don't wonder off without adult supervision! Hmm?" He glared at me, i nodded as he let go. We continued to look around before we eventually saw a train of wanted posters. We looked to make sure Astarion wasn't on there but to our suprise... it was me. "Stay close, and keep your eyes open."

I waved my hand over my face changing its aperance to a teifling making Astarion nod in approval. I grabbed and held his hand, he said nothing as we continued walking. People walked past us holding the same wanted posters.

"What the hells is hapening?" I asked before we heard a lady calling out. She was slender and good looking. Her long hair the came color as my natural hair. The wierd feeling came back to me making squeeze Astarions hand in warning as she handed us my wanted poster.

"Please! Be careful till she's found! She's dangerous!" The woman pleaded. The closer I looked, we had the same nose.

"What did she do to be so wanted?" Astarion asked.

"She's a monster! An Enchantress. Unparallel to any known in this realm. Her mother a syren, her father a powerful wizard. She was put under guard protection untill they were found dead yesterday. I'm sure that monster did it!"