Chapter 52 - Must hide it

The ‘morning meeting’ was convened the next day in the Santella residence, where the head returned. Leonard’s expression, who arrived last night, was as serious as ever, so the people in the mansion were very nervous. But, as always, Liddell opened the door to the office brightly.

“Good morning, Father.”

“Yes. When I look at Liddell’s face, it seems to relieve my fatigue.”

Perhaps he had hidden a smile to show to his daughter, and while he had just pressed down on his tired forehead, he quickly showed a bright smile.

Because of the head’s atmosphere, Lian, who was always grumpy, quietly followed Liddell and sat down today.

“What are you doing? You have had a bad complexion since you arrived yesterday.”

Lian kindly spoke out, worrying for his father.

“Something, I have a bad feeling.”

“Yes? From Levanas?”

“I only found out in Levanas, but what I am talking about is related to the Duke of Luave.”

Liddell’s eyes, which had shone brightly, became slightly cold at that answer.

“Related to……Kahel?”

“I don’t know how he hid it, but…… No, he could have been hiding it because everyone believed that it couldn’t be, but there was a woman who didn’t respond to Kahel’s devilish power. Right next to Kahel, right now.”

“What?”

Liddell asked, rolling her eyes.

“I don’t know what it really is. Because I didn’t see a face, I didn’t hear a voice. But there is definitely a woman by Kahel’s side, and she…… seems to use a power we have never seen before.”

There was silence in Leonard’s office, where they could even hear the sound of a needle falling. However, in the heads of the three people, all kinds of information and predictions were noisy and spinning. To have a woman by Kahel’s side, it was really surprising. The fact that there was a woman who was not the Queen or of the Santella clan, but did not yield to his devilish powers, was certainly another power they did not know, as Leonard said.

Of course, they couldn’t rule out the case of a priestess, but Kahel wasn’t the kind of person who would have taken out a young woman and put her by his side.

“Do you have any more information about that woman?”

Leonard shook his head slightly at Liddell’s question.

“It was Margella who came to see her in person. But something happened to her after she came to see her and she immediately lost her consciousness. I tried to bless her with healing several times, but she couldn’t come to her senses. It’s also strange.”

“Do you understand what kind of relationship she has with Kahel?”

“I didn’t even have time to figure that out. But Margella said that she had been injured and she was being treated in a very luxurious room. She’s not the kind of person Kahel takes lightly, since Margella said, ‘Maybe, she’s the Duke of Luave’s woman,’ at a glance.”

“She was being treated in a luxurious room…….”

“There is a relationship between the two, but the problem is that we don’t know what the power that doesn’t respond to the devilish power is.”

“But if you think about it, even with Kahel’s devilish powers, there are a lot of people who stayed by his side. Even for ordinary people, it’s not that there’s no way at all. Maybe we’re focusing on Kahel’s powers too much.”