Chapter 39: Which University?

Start from the beginning

Chu Xia looked at his appearance, looked up, and met Cen Zhengnian's heartbroken eyes: Is it okay?

She is also heartbroken, but if she doesn't let Cen Huai'an know the consequences of tooth decay, she's afraid that he still won't take it to heart.

She nodded. "It's okay, let's go out."

Cen Zhengnian holds An'an and walks out; Chu Xia follows the two; the dentist notices their movement and tries to retain the guest. "What are you guys leaving for? No dental checkup?"

Chu Xia waved her hand, "No more; the kid is scared."

Walking out of the door of the small clinic, she instantly felt that her eyes had become brighter. Inside the clinic was dim and cramped, with stains on the floor and walls. Even Chu Xia, as a doctor, found it uncomfortable to be in that environment.

When Cen Huai'an comes into contact with the sunlight outside, he freezes and dully turns his head to look at Chu Xia. "Mom, am I not getting my teeth checked?"

Chu Xia rubs his head. "You are, but not here. The environment here is not good. I also forgot to tell you that when you get your teeth filled here, where the tools aren't sterilized thoroughly and the dentist doesn't pay attention to hygiene, it can infect people with diseases that can't be cured. It's especially scary!"

Cen Huai'an thought of the old man who died on the street with an unusually large stomach bulge. That was an incurable disease, right?

He hurriedly shook his head; he didn't want his stomach to get bigger, and he didn't want to be infected with the disease.

A toothache was hard enough; a stomach-bulging disease was even harder.

Cen Huai'an was scared and wilted. Chu Xia reached out and touched his growing hair. "Don't be afraid; Mom and Dad will take you to a clean hospital to get your teeth checked. Remember to take good care of your teeth and avoid eating too much candy in the future."

"Hmm." Now there is no need for Chu Xia to say more; Cen Huai'an is very well behaved.

That dark little room just now, and those horrible tools, the bleeding mouth and the teeth being pulled out. It wasn't until he was brought to the dental hospital by Chu Xia and Cen Zhengnian that Cen Huai'an slowly forgot about it.

Liangzhou City is the capital city of the province and had a specialized dental hospital a long time ago. Although the house of the dental hospital was quite old, the environment was clean, and the doctors were very responsible.

The doctor who treated Cen Huai'an was a woman in her forties or fifties, and her smile was very kind.

After looking at his teeth, she said, "Oops, kids don't take good care of their teeth; they'll have cavities."

Cen Huai'an covered his teeth and was a little embarrassed.

"Should we fill his teeth?" The doctor asks Chu Xia and Cen Zhengnian.

"Fill it."

The doctor started to operate, and the whole process is actually not as scary as Cen Huai'an thought; it doesn't hurt; it's just weird to keep propping up his mouth.

The doctor constantly chatted with Cen Huai'an and made him feel at ease, so he didn't notice the passage of time. Before he knew it, his teeth had been filled, primarily because the cavity was small and it was in the early stages of decay. Thus, the procedure was relatively quick.

As they left, Cen Huai'an looked back at the clean room and found it hard to believe.

Although he no longer found the dental filling procedure frightening, he couldn't forget the scene of tooth extraction at the small clinic. From that day on, he resolved to take good care of his teeth.