thirty three . the confession

Start from the beginning

"It's fine Wil, I understand" I chuckle, he places a hand on his forehead and closes his mouth, taking in a deep breath through his nose. "I love you"

"I love you, too" He breathes out, lowering his hand back to his lap. "Will our food arrive soon? I'm getting a bit hungry.." He looks over his shoulder, trying to see if a waiter was walking around.

I glance at the bouquet that was carefully set on the left side of the table, out of the way. It was made up of twelve red roses. Earlier, we met at the front of the building we live in (because he was out at a shop) and I saw him walking over with a bouquet in his hands. It was as if he watched a YouTube video titled 'how to go on a date'. I smile at the flowers before looking around too. "Maybe it will arrive soon-- and why are the tables around us empty?" I take note of the empty tables surrounding us, the place wasn't empty but the tables near us were.

"I might have made a few reservations just in case you needed to change the time we meet.." He murmurs, a guilty look on his face. "I was being paranoid, I'll admit that" He nods. I laugh and he embarrassingly stares at the table. "Oh.. and, before I forget," He gets my attention again. "Lou told me he was moving to America, he seemed really happy about it so I wouldn't worry much. But I saw him at a Tesco and he told me, he really is a good guy" He sadly smiles at me, seemingly knowing I saw Lou as a good person in my life.

"That's upsetting but I'm glad he's happy.." I smile back. I look past Wilbur and see a waiter walking out with food on a tray. Wilbur finds my gaze and sighs in relief, glad we wouldn't need to make small talk anymore. The waiter gives us our food and we thank them before they walk back to the kitchen. "Have you ever eaten at this place?" I ask Wil, unwrapping my utensils from a napkin.

"No, but James brags about it a lot. He says that 'it's so hard to make a reservation' when I've literally just made six of them" He points out, rolling his eyes at the mention of his friend. He perks his head up, looking down and taking his phone out of his pocket. "Speak of the devil-- sorry, I should've had my phone on silent" He apologizes, clicking decline and going to pocket his phone but it buzzes again, he glances down. "He's complaining about snow" He tells me, pocketing his phone and lifting his eyes to stare at the large window behind me.

I look over my shoulder and see it had started snowing. "It's gonna be a pain to get home, isn't it?" I huff, turning back to Wil.

"The universe must love us" He happily smiles and grabs his fork, ready to eat. "The universe made it snow so I have to give you my jacket" He makes up a lie (that he might actually believe).

"I think you just want to give me your jacket" I stifle back a laugh as he shrugs and defends himself.

"Either/or!"

            We both laugh, which causes a struggle with unlocking my door, eventually, I slide my card over the scanner and it unlocks

            We both laugh, which causes a struggle with unlocking my door, eventually, I slide my card over the scanner and it unlocks. I open the door and me and Wilbur both walk inside. I brush the snow off his jacket I wore. We were both laughing from something that happened on our way home, we saw a man kick some snow only for a pigeon to fly out of the pile and scare him, I didn't find it that funny but Wil was crying laughing over it, he must be tipsy from the wine we had. And I couldn't help but laugh with him, because his laughter was contagious.